VOL 1 Chapter 12 Two loners

Several days have passed after the conversation with Hirata and Karuizawa, I told Hirata that I would talk to the class with the next step, but I regret saying it a bit.

You see, I wanted my judgement to not seem clouded by appearances so I decided to wait a while to make my arguments seem solid, but how will I make the whole class listen to me, I can handle one or two people without hesitation, but the whole class is stressful, if it wasn't for Ayanokouji that time, I'd be screwed.

I ramble in my thoughts as I make my way to the pool, specifically to the crowd seating, I won't be participating in the swimming class, you wonder why, well this life has been quite troubled compared to before , I have gotten into several fights and that has left scars on my body, I don't want them to see them at this time or ever , they will only form questions that I am not willing to answer.

I still see the teacher's face, and it gives me a little funny, it's not uncommon for a girl to skip swimming class, but a boy doing it is quite peculiar.

Finally reached the seats and I see several girls in the seats, as in canon they want to avoid the leering of the boys, to no one's surprise I see Sakura sitting in one of the seats. An opportunity.

I have not been able to talk to Sakura since that day she ran away from me, and I have not been able to give her back the camera,doing it in the classroom is an absolute no, knowing Sakura she will most likely run away because she does not want to attract attention.

I sit next to her with a seat away, I can see what she notices me and she starts to get restless, please don't go change seats, that would be a very hard blow as a person.

We are both silent, this is bad, as I thought I suck at making conversations, where was Hirata, I would just say "Hey, I see you are alone, why don't you stay in my embrace" or well that's what I think. I gather what little willpower I have and talk to him.

Hachiman: You will see...

Sakura:This.....

We both speak at the same time, it seems that I am not the only one with problems to speak.

Hachiman: Please go ahead

Sakura: No, you go ahead

She urges me to speak first, I can't let my determination waver.

Hachiman: Sakura-san, I'm sorry for scaring you that time, it wasn't my intention to have secretly observed you.

I say while I bowed my head, Sakura moves her hands frantically.

Sakura:No, no, Hikigaya san is not the one who should apologize, but me, it was rude of my part to have run away.

San? Since when does he have so much esteem for me? Well, it doesn't matter.

Hachiman: Sakura-san, that time you dropped your camera, I couldn't find the right time to return it to you, I think it is not damaged, but please check it.

I give her the camera, her look lights up.

Sakura: Thank you Hikigaya -san.

She looks at me with a grateful face, ahhhhh, damn, she's too cute, how the idiots in my classroom can't notice it even if she doesn't wear makeup and glasses, it's pretty hard not to see how attractive she is, although it has to do with her personality if she was just as cheerful as Kushida or Ichinose, her popularity would be to be feared, she can even get a fan club, what's more, if she gets to see a fan club I'll join it.

Sakura: Hikigaya-San? Hikigaya-San?

Uppss, I got too much absorbed in my thoughts.

Hachiman: ah, sorry I got distracted for a moment. Sakura-san of sure you like to take photos.

Sakura: Yes, if I don't take some photos I feel strange, I believe that it became a habit, I like to take photos of landscapes and of people.

Hachiman: I have noticed that you don't talk much with the guys in the class, you could have several opportunities to take pictures of people if you interact with them.

Sakura: ....... it is quite hard for me to talk to people.

Hachiman: I understand you, socializing is quite overwhelming.

Sakura: How do you do it, Hikigaya-san?
How do you manage to talk without feeling uncomfortable?

Hachiman: I will tell you a secret, Sakura-san, instead of having found the secret of yours, the truth is still quite uncomfortable to speak with the people, even at this moment I look for the correct words to speak with you.

Sakura: ahhhhh, I am very sorry for bothering you.

Hachiman: calm, I am not blaming you or anything, it is an exclusive problem of mine that I have to solve, and speaking with different types of people I can find the solution, so technically you are helping me at this moment, thank you Sakura -san.

Sakura:wwawawawawawawaawaawa
Ahhh, I caused a short circuit. It can that this conversation allows Sakura to come out a little of her shell, I am a different case to her because I am rotten inside, on the other hand she has hope to have a normal school life.

After a few moments she calms down, and speaks to me.

Sakura: Hikigaya -san

Hachiman: Can you please throw away the -san, it makes me feel older all of a sudden.

Sakura: It's ok, only if you also stop using it.

Hachiman: I understand, Sakura.
When she hears how he called her she turns her face away, ehhhh, so disgusting it was that she can't be endured to be called like that by me.

Hachiman: Sakura?

Sakura: I'm fine, Hikigaya.....-kun

Well it's a breakthrough isn't it.

Hachiman: Well? That you wanted to ask Sakura.

Sakura: ahh, I was wondering, Hikigaya-kun Why don't you participate in the swimming class?

Well, it causes curiosity to him, as I said before it is very rare that a boy misses the swimming class, so it is obvious its unknown.

Hachiman: That, Sakura is a secret, but I will give you the choice, if you become my friend, I will tell you.

Sakura: A-friend?

Hachiman: Don't you want to?

Sakura: C-clear that I want, but you are sure, I am someone very somber, I did not stand out in the sports neither in the academic, I feel sometimes very insecure of myself, it can that the only thing that I do is to slow you down.

Hachiman: Sakura, the friends in my opinion are people that only want to be it do not need requirements to be friends of someone, ahh perhaps the only requirement that is needed is the approval of the other, I want to be friends with you, Sakura, because I want not because I need something of you.

I surprise Sakura with these words but I have not finished yet.

Hachiman: If we speak of requirements, then I would be the worst option, I am someone bad spoken, proud, where the only way to satisfy me is at the point of cynicism and logic, I always get into many problems and the most probable thing is that I will get into many more, ayyyy, speaking logically, I would recommend you Sakura not to become my friend, you will only twist your life, but even so the decision is yours, calm I will not keep you any rancor if you will decline me, it would be something normal.

Sakura: Th-that's not true, Hikigaya-kun, Hikigaya-kun is someone who is pretty cool, I wish I had your strength to be able to change.

Cool, she called me cool, there will be a hidden camera, the only one who called me cool in my life was Komachi, and I think she was doing it with such a cold face that it made me doubt the true meaning of the word, so a girl calling me cool is quite strange.

Hachiman: ohhh, I understand, I understand, Sakura. And well the answer to your question, I don't want anyone to see my body, I have several scars and they are quite ugly, so I prefer to keep it to myself.

Sakura: ohhhhhhh, I'm sorry if I sound very nosy, but how did you get those scars.

Hachiman: It's something quite complicated, but basically I got into several fights, yeah, it's better to leave it at that.

I forcibly decide to drop the subject, it's not something I want to talk about proudly, Sakura seems to get the message.

We stay silent for a while, ahhhhh, it drives me crazy, it's too much for me, the only girl I've talked to normally was my sister.

Luckily I finish the swimming class, I guess it happened like in the original without my intervention.

We stand up and go back to the classroom.we continue with the normal class.