VOL 2 Chapter 1 Tranquility before the storm.

Hachiman POV

It's been a week since the exam results were delivered, I'm quite pleased with what was accomplished.

My interference influenced the story quite a bit, it can be categorized between positive and negative, but at least the worst case scenario has been avoided.

I am currently waiting for someone in my room. I've been talking to my friends and colleagues normally, it's like a dream I never thought would come true.

I hear a knock on my door. When I open it I see a girl with short brown hair with cute reddish eyes.

Kushida: Good evening Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: Good evening Kushida. Please come in.

She enters my room and parks herself at the table, I immediately pour her some tea along with a cup of coffee for me. We sit in silence until she finally decides to talk.
This became a kind of routine between the two of us.
Kushida: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......Fucking bitches, they think because they're a little cute they can show off, Shinohara big bitch I don't give a shit about Ike being a jerk, Satou stuck up who only talks about what she likes, Karuizawa nobody cares that Hirata-kun is great at soccer.

That's right, Kushida accepted my proposal to vent in my room, at first she seemed a bit reactive, but I was practicing my poker face.

Ayanokouji would be proud of me.

Kushida: That little shit Yamauchi thinks that by showing off he's getting ahead with me, what the fuck is wrong with him, sometimes I want to strangle him, Sotomura would just like to shut him up with all the computer hogwash he talks to me, Hondou his pathetic attempts to get close make me want to puke.

I'm not going to tell lies, it was a pretty tricky thing for any emotion to escape my face, after all I was listening to all the most personal secrets of my classmates plus how Kushida insults them mercilessly.

When we started she repeatedly tried to test me, badmouthing Airi and Haruka, Ayanokouji and Horikita, everyone I was close to. Even I have not escaped her curses.

In this way I am carrying the same weight as her. The only way to affirm my determination was for me to take everything she has said as the words of a lunatic. Who takes a lunatic seriously? Exactly, no one.

Kushida: Listen, when we went out today with Mori and Matsuchita, they took to throwing hints at Kokoro-chan, when she's a very nice girl, I just wanted to hit them, even though I tried to defend her they decided to attack me, stupid bitches. What the hell is wrong with Hirata with everyone liking him? he thinks he's cool trying to get along with everyone, that's why I hate pretty boys, their vanity disgusts me.

She finishes spitting out his vulgarities and drinks from the tea I handed him. I keep waiting for him to continue.

Hachiman: Well?

Kushida: mmmmm, I think that's all for today.

Hachiman: Looks like you had little to talk about.

Kushida: You're right, I guess I should thank you. The stress went away when I started talking to you.

Hachiman: I see.

Kushida: You really serve as a therapist without expensive furniture. But can I ask you something?

Hachiman: Go ahead.

Kushida: Don't you feel anything when I speak ill of your friends?

She may have formed a wrong image of me in your head that I'm a cold person who doesn't care about other people, where I'm only out for profit.

Ha, where it was my chuunibyou phase, I would be happy for creating an image of a cold and unfeeling character. But now, that's not the case.

I know that a half-baked answer is not going to satisfy her, the only thing left is to use the truth that she uses so much.

Hachiman: It's not that it didn't bother me, I just don't care what you say, I know my friends better than you, if a few words from you make me lose my friendship with them then they were never my friends, I think I already told you that.

Kushida: I didn't believe you.

Hachiman: What you said may be a one-sided version of people, I don't want to judge them just based on your perspective.

Kushida watches my face for falsehoods, until he lets out a small smile.

Kushida: You're quite mature, Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: I don't think so, I think I can mature a lot more.

It's true I don't consider myself someone mature, because I wouldn't have so many doubts in many situations.

I guess I just like to analyze with a cool head. I haven't come to the conclusion whether it's a flaw or a quality.

Kushida: You know, right now I don't know who I am. It's hypocritical what I do, but I'm not going to stop. There are times when I wonder if I will be accepted as I really am.

Hachiman: I really don't think so.

Kushida smiles sadly about my answer, but I'm not done yet.

Hachiman: It's impossible for everyone to like you, there are many who will disown you just for existing, but even if no one accepts you, I will accept you, Kushida.

Kushida is quite surprised by my words until she starts blushing furiously, Huh? Did I say something wrong?

Kushida: .... what the hell are you talking about?!

Hachiman: well it's the most logical thing to do, right now I'm the only person who knows your past and personality. And I like it better when you talk without the mask.

Kushida: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! Please avoid saying that.

The blush on Kushida's cheeks deepens, is what I just said too embarrassing?

The best option is to stay silent because I don't want to make the situation worse.

Kushida also picks up on the atmosphere and stays quiet sipping her tea.

This atmosphere should be uncomfortable but for reasons unknown to me it is not.

Kushida: Hikigaya-kun, I want you to call me by my name.

Hachiman: Hoh? And why the drastic change.

Kushida: You know I have an image to protect, when Hasebe and Sakura started calling you by name and by that stupid nickname, all the girls made a fuss.

Hachiman: Why would they make a fuss?

Kushida: You really haven't noticed, you really are dense.

I can't deny it, I just started with human interactions so I can skip several steps.

Kushida: Your class rank is very high, even if Hirata and I competed against you we would lose.

Hachiman: You're exaggerating.

It's impossible that with my zero social skills I'm so important to the class.

Kushida: I'm not, for the class you are someone mysterious and trustworthy, they want to know you more.

You're kidding, they want to know me, it would be worse the disappointment they would get.

Hachiman: All right, let's leave it at that, and what does that have to do with names?

Kushida: If I call you by name it can show that my position will be high by having a big backing.

So I'll just be another stepping stone in Kushida's social life, I don't know how effective this plan will be because of my status, but it can be tried.

Hachiman: Very good, Kushida.

Kushida: Kikyo.

Hachiman: Huh?

Kushida: We both have to call each other by name or it will be very suspicious.

Hachiman: I understand Kikyo.

Kikyo: It came out easier than I expected. I thought you were going to stutter.

Hachiman: Well if you were a normal girl, my doubts would be many.

It's true what I said, I don't want to give her material to bother me.

Kikyo: Hey bastard, I can't let what you just said go, what do you mean normal girl?

UPS, a slip of the tongue that's pissing her off.

Hachiman: Well yeah, you're easier to talk to than them.

Bullet dodged. I can't tell her that because she's such a pain in the ass.

Kikyo: I see, but I still feel the urge to hit you you must be thinking something extremely rude aren't you.

Hachiman: Not at all.

This is what they call female intuition, it's scary.

Kikyo: Alright Hachiman-kun, we'll do our best.

He says this with his cheerful persona, it doesn't fail to fascinate me the quick changes he makes.

She takes her leave after saying this. SHe leaves me alone in my thoughts.

Kikyo is too useful an ally, she has informed me of all the movements of the classes easily. This gives me a great strategic advantage.

Class B, we, are alert before the movements of the other classes.

Class C is trying to organize its inner workings.

Class D is showing suspicious movements, its siege is imminent.

Class A is the most cautious, even though it has actively tried to communicate with them, they are wary of talking to it.

There are several factors to take into account, such as the possible alliance between class B and C, the civil war in class A, the indiscriminate attack of class D.

But I will wait for the first move to counter their plans.