VOL 1 Chapter 11 First Impressions

Ichinose POV

I started attending ANHS, a prestigious government school ,it is said to have high employment rates upon graduation here, although they forbid outside contact it makes me miss mom and my little sister, but I have to endure, I can't afford to be a burden to them.

I attend class B, I am glad to be in it, there are very nice people and they are all very kind, from the first day I get along with them, it is only the second day, but with some of the girls in the class we decide to go to Keyaki mall, I am surprised at how big it is.

When I finish shopping I say goodbye to my classmates, and go back to the dorms, but.... I bought too many things, well it could be expected since I spent around 30,000 points in several items, the bad thing is that I'm stuck with several bags that weigh quite a lot, I really hadn't noticed that I bought a lot of things.

I sit down to rest on one of the benches while the sunset begins to show, that's when I met him.

A boy with disorganized black hair, medium height and with unmotivated onyx eyes, he wears the school uniform but he is not from my class, he may be a higher grade or he is in another class.

He offered to help me, I'm a little glad, but it's very strange his expression doesn't tell me anything, many of the guys are embarrassed and throw a few glances at my body, they are looking to be nice to have a favorable impression of me. But him, he didn't care, if I declined his offer I can bet he wouldn't insist, as if he was doing it out of politeness. So I decide to accept.

I introduce myself and he too with a bit of hesitation, it seems he's not used to talking much, because he gives me that vibe of being alone, picks up most of my bags and we head towards the dorms.
Surprisingly he is able to follow a conversation and joke around naturally.
I asked him how his school life has been these first few days, but I was taken very unexpected by his answer, it was weird, illogical and very lonely.

I didn't really know which face to put on, maybe that's why there was an awkward silence for the rest of the trip.

After a few moments passed I decide to speak my honest thoughts.

Ichinose: Hikigaya-kun, I don't know what you experienced, but I'm sure you just have to find the right people, after all you're a good guy.

It seems I caught him off guard with what I said, we get to my room and he hands me the bags, I invite him in but he turns me down.

So I ask him to give me his contact, it's kind of funny his face when I ask him and it's even funnier when I tell him we are friends.

huh? I don't think I did something wrong, I consider Hikigaya -kun, as a friend, a pity you are not in my class, I would have a lot of fun with him, we say goodbye and I find a new resolution in me.

I will definitely become friends with Hikigaya-kun, I can't wait to spend time with him.

Sakura POV

How embarrassing, how embarrassing, how embarrassing.

I can't help but sink my face into my pillow and keep thinking this.

Hikigaya Hachiman-san, is someone I consider a strange mix between weird and cool.

I came to ANHS because of the prestige that comes with coming to this school, and a little bit to escape from my life as an Idol, because of the zero contact rule with the outside, to create a blank page in my life, but I didn't know the hidden side of this school.

I can't imagine how catastrophic it would have been if Hikigaya-san hadn't decided to speak up. When I saw him face the teacher, I considered him as someone smart and determined, but my image collapsed after seeing him for a short time.

You could see how he had a hard time grouping and having conversations, except for Sudou-kun, Ayanokouji -kun and Horikita-san, I haven't seen him interacting with the rest of the class. It's like he's someone just like me, but trying to change.

It has been hard for me to make friends, because when I see his eyes I can scare me because I can see negative emotions, lust, envy, resentment, among others.when I least thought I was in a bubble that kept everyone away and only I was there watching how the world goes on.

That's why a small feeling of admiration grew for Hikigaya-San, who despite his difficulties is trying to change. Giving me a tiny little hope that I can change too.

But I messed up, I really like taking pictures, and I feel uncomfortable when I don't take some, I decided to go out at night because few people pass by, so I went out as Shizuku and started taking some selfies.

When I hear a small noise in one of the corners my mind started to go blank, when I asked Hikigaya-san came out and showed himself.

Worse was that he recognized me even if we haven't spoken, so much was my panic that I ran out and dropped my camera, I only came to notice it when I got to the room.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, the shame of remembering him again makes me feel worse.

Of course I think I'm weird and rude for running away like that. The situation gets worse and worse knowing that I sit next to him. What should I do, ignore him? No, definitely not.

All I have left is to gather courage to try to apologize, I don't know if he will accept my apology but I have to try, this will be my first attempt to change.

Come to think of it, his eyes don't scare me.

Karuizawa POV

At first, by coincidence I took a look at him, from afar he looked like the typical gloomy kid in class, I can understand it because that's how I was always graded like that, that's why I decided to change my appearance, to avoid suffering bullying and survive high school.

But he exceeded all my expectations, he saved our whole class with his quick wit, but you could tell he wasn't used to being the main focus.

With the girls I have talked to he has become a hot topic, he has a face that is normal but his dead fish eyes make him lose quite a few looks points, but girls are interested in a mysterious and shy guy, who can make a difference when he talks, he is quite complicated to understand how Girls think.

Hikigaya in a nutshell is a weirdo, girls have expressed to me the desire to talk to him, but I don't know the aura he conveys gives a feeling that he places an invisible barrier, it may be unconscious but he tries to push everyone away, maybe it just takes the courage to talk to him.

The truth was not sure when Hirata-kun told me to tell him about my past and my plan, with a little curiosity mixed with doubt I decide to accept.

We went to his room, he looked particularly disinterested, even when I gathered all my courage to tell him about my past, I feel as if I had expected this development.

It gave me anxiety when he scolded Hirata-kun and me, I couldn't defend myself because I knew it was true, I didn't know any other way to solve this problem, I've always believed it's devour or be devoured, so I had to be quick, I don't want to go back to those days, even if I'm considered pathetic, creeping, stupid.

I will achieve a quiet school life.
But he opened up a new possibility for me, when he told us he had been bullied I was a little surprised but what surprised me more was the fact that he fought back against his aggressors, you don't see the kind that would go grabbing fights left and right, that one would be more like that Sudo guy.

He gave me an option to change myself, he told me I wasn't alone, he lit a flame that I don't think would ever be lit again, hope.

And I cried, I had forgotten to cry, I guess I held back because I knew those beasts like to see you so vulnerable, but his words lifted a huge burden from me.

Luckily, he didn't abandon the plan I proposed, but he didn't let me be totally dependent on him either.I don't know if I can change, but I want to try, after all I have someone on my side watching me.