VOL 3 Chapter 14 incident

Little by little the ordeal of this examination is coming to an end. We are on the sixth day. I would feel joyful if it were not for the fact that we are being collected.

I was at my collection session, when I see that everyone is up, there is an oppressive atmosphere, it looks like a war is about to break out.

The faces of the guys are confused, and there are some who have their eyes almost closed, I guess it's because they just got up.

While the girls have disgusted expressions and keep a distance from the boys. The camp was divided into two camps. In the middle are two of the three class leaders. They are Horikita and Yousuke. The former has a cool but at the same time analytical look. In contrast Yousuke cannot hide the concern on his face.

Yukimura: May I know what's going on?

Ken: It's rather early for a meeting.

Sotomura: Uh-huh, besides we should take the opportunity to do our homework early.

Okitani: That's right, we shouldn't waste time.

Hondo: Besides, why are the girls looking at us as if we had done something wrong?

And so successive complaints and claims are raised on the boys' side. It's to be expected, they were picked up for no reason, so it's quite common for them to feel annoyed.

Hirata: Guys, I know you're uncomfortable with what we did, but it's a state of emergency.

Horikita: The extreme measures we took is because Karuizawa-san informed us that her underwear has been stolen.

This news makes everyone wake up in an instant.

Akito: Explain the situation better Horikita.

Akito is anxious about the information we were given.

Horikita: It's as you heard, right now Karuizawa-san is being comforted by Satō-san and Kushida-san in the tent, she told us in the morning just when we woke up.

We were silent, not knowing what would be the right reaction to this news. It is somewhere between anger and indignation.

Akito: That's ........ inappropriate.

Sotomura: That's putting it mildly, Miyake-dono, only a pervert would do that.

Hondo: Wait, you don't think we're the ones who did it?

Hondo confirms the boys' suspicions with this question, the distance the girls have from our side is noticeable. So it is obvious that they would come to this deduction.

Shinohara: Isn't it obvious? One of you is the guilty one. There is no other choice. Hirata-kun and Horikita-san offered themselves as intermediaries but it won't do any good because we're sure it was one of you.

She says with absolute certainty, it's kind of harsh to lump us all in as perverts.

Ike: Hey, Shinohara, isn't that argument very one-sided, don't you have any proof or witnesses to back up your position?

Shinohara: How if that will be needed, why on earth would a girl steal another girl's underwear? The only possibility is a boy.

Ike: That's what I mean, you can't lump everyone together.

Shinohara: Look who's talking. Wasn't it you who was involved in a sexual harassment case?

Ike: I'm refreshing your memory, a case that was proven to be false when the D class recanted, and believe me I learned from my mistakes so I won't be a burden again.

This takes Shinohara by surprise, her position is shaken by Ike. It is true that Ike has shown these days that he is committed to the class, offering all kinds of survival knowledge. His image changed from being a pervert to an all-around guy. It seems my effort was not entirely wasted.

What Ike says prompts the other boys.

Yukimura: That's right, it's unfair to blame us for something we didn't do.

Miyamoto: We can't keep quiet when they think we're perverts.

The girls' side also starts to complain.

Onodera: And you think it's easy for us? Knowing that a pervert is loose at large, this time it was Karuizawa-san, nothing assures us that he wants to start stealing other girls' underwear.

Mori: Besides it's like Shinohara-san said, there's no logic in another girl stealing another girl's underwear.

Okitani: Still, being sidelined for something we didn't do isn't right. At least there has to be evidence for us to be convicted.

Matsushita: It's not like we're always keeping an eye on our things to prevent someone from looking through them.

Sotomura: So you want us to accept without saying a word?  That is selfish to the extreme.