VOL 3 Chapter 15 Culprit

The atmosphere calms down a bit, Yousuke comes up to me to talk, I was expecting it.

Yousuke: Hachiman-kun, is that what I think it is?

Hachiman: Yes.

Yousuke: Don't tell me that you have those tastes?

Hachiman: Of course not.

He breathes a sigh of relief.

Yousuke: I'm glad, I knew Hachiman-kun doesn't have those tastes, I guess.

Hachiman: Hey, you bastard, if you're going to have faith in me, at least do it completely and not half-heartedly.

Yousuke: Sorry, it's just that all your negative points are out in the open, so there might be a possibility that you have something hidden.

Hachiman: Hahhhhhhhhh?! What kind of logic is that? And for your information everything you see on the outside is my personality, I try not to pretend, so people will see how I really am.

Yousuke: Hachiman-kun that only managed to worry me more, and you saying it so proud makes me think you're doing it on purpose.

Hachiman: Hmph, think what you want, I'm not going to keep talking about this, we got sidetracked.

Yousuke: You're right, so can I be sure that you are not the guilty one?

Hachiman: No, I was framed, you must know that with the little time spent in the camp is to rest, I don't have time to think about anything else.

Yousuke: Right, the problem is who did it?

Hachiman: There are several people that come to mind, but it is hasty to make decisions based on such incomplete guesses.

Yousuke: I'm afraid another incident will happen again.

Hachiman: You're not wrong, they managed to calm the girls down but it was only a temporary solution.

Yousuke: It depends on whether the perpetrator strikes again before the exam is over.

Hachiman: I will keep my guard up, since I am the one who is the easiest target due to my absence may be attacked again.

Yousuke: Hachiman-kun, you should rest.

He advises me gently. It seems that my condition is becoming very noticeable.

Hachiman: I'm sorry, I can't stop.

Yousuke: We've saved enough points, even a few more won't make a difference.

Hachiman: We don't know that.

Yousuke: You're pretty stubborn when you put your mind to it.

Hachiman: I know.

He gives in to the idea that i should rest.

Yousuke: Give me the underwear.

Hachiman: Don't tell me you're the one with the fetish.

Yousuke: Do you want your reputation to be the one destroyed?

Hachiman: No, thank you.

With this he passed him the piece of cloth without so much hassle.

Yousuke: I thought that as the boyfriend, it wouldn't be strange to have her underwear.

Hachiman: The way you said it, many things can be misunderstood.

Yousuke: Like what?

He says with an angelic smile, for other people it would be comforting but for me it's not, because behind that amazing smile is the fury of ten thousand demons, I don't want to go through dangerous ground.

Hachiman: No, nothing, it's my imagination.

Yousuke: Very well. Then I'll leave you in charge of finding the culprit.

Hachiman: Obviously, after all my reputation is at stake.

With that he runs off to meet Kei. He goes to explain the situation to her.

While I approach a tree to rest, in truth these days I've only given the image of a slacker, it's not something I'm complaining about.

Footsteps approach me, I am not able to recognize them.

So I better look up, a teenage girl of average height, with purple eyes and short blue hair approaches me.

Ibuki Mio.

She seems to take the initiative to approach. Anxiety took control of her or she has another reason.

We exchange glances, she doesn't say anything and neither do I, we are sizing each other up. The one who breaks the silence will have the first move, but also depend on what is going to be said first, after all we don't know each other, due to my constant absence she hasn't met me, because she doesn't have the necessary positions. It would be very complicated for me to ask Kikyo to introduce myself to her.

She take a direct route.

Ibuki: You are quite far away from your companions.

Hachiman: I like to be alone, if I go there there may be different problems.

Ibuki: Does it have to do with you not being in camp most of the time?

He started to get information out of me.

Hachiman: Wow we have a curious one in the house, but let me tell you something, it's none of your business.

Ibuki: Well, you're right, it's not my class anyway.

Hachiman: Why are you curious about whether I'm alone?

I ask her back, this gives you a chance, if you deny it you won't be able to avoid the stalemate, on the other hand if you take advantage of it you'll think I'm going to let my guard down.

Ibuki: I thought you are the same case as me.

She lands on her back on a tree next to me.

Hachiman: Oh? Are you outcast because of your class?

Ibuki: No, it would be more correct to say that I was the one who was outcast.

Hachiman: So you were left alone by your own choice.

Ibuki: Yes.

Hachiman: Let's say I'm also a special case, I don't really like to be in crowded places.

Ibuki: I thought you were outcast for being a pervert or something.

Hachiman: Hey hey hey, don't jump to conclusions. It makes my delicate man's heart feel hurt.

Ibuki: You're a little disgusting when you say things like that.

Hachiman: You can't blame me, I'm being attacked by a person I've barely known for five minutes.

Ibuki: Valid point, I just figured that would be the case. Your suspicious attitude made me think you were the one who stole the panties.

So you show me your thoughts to gauge my ability to handle a situation, if I deny it, it will make it known that I have knowledge about the whereabouts of the panties.

Hachiman: Ohhhhh, right, my hobbies are stealing underwear and sniffing them like there's no tomorrow, it's sarcasm before you say anything.

Her look goes from calm to absolute panic when i spoke, this is why I make the clarification before she explodes.

Ibuki: It's good, that you corrected yourself, otherwise I would have gone straight to the teachers to report you. After all stealing a girl's underwear is unforgivable. I'd like to beat up the one who did it.

Hachiman: How scary. How scary.

I say with an expression that's a combination of exasperation and exhaustion.

Ibuki: What a guy, shouldn't you, be busy thinking about the culprit instead of wasting your time on a tree.

Hachiman: I'd rather save my energy for these moments.

He doesn't say anything else. Until he starts to take over the conversation store.

Ibuki: You suspect me, don't you?

Hachiman: You are the most suspicious of all. Which makes you the least likely.

Ibuki: Huh? Wait, wait, I don't understand that thought.

Hachiman: What don't you understand, haven't you read mystery novels? The suspect everyone points to as the most likely turns out to be the one who's the cleanest, it's like a cliché of the genre.

Ibuki: Hey, is that a good reason to dismiss me so quickly?

Hachiman: You want me to suspect you? Nah, I'm not going to burn my brain on something so useless, besides I don't understand why a girl would steal another girl's panties, unless you're.......

Ibuki: I'm not.

Hachiman: You see? There's no reason that crossed my mind that you're the guilty one, starting with the motive that's what drives you to do it.

Ibuki is taken by surprise by my chatter, I'm deceiving her, at the moment she doesn't know me well, but I know her well, it's a pity that you spend your time here, Ibuki.

Ibuki: You're right, I'm not to blame.

She looks me in the eyes when she says it, which assures my victory.

I nod at her statement, so I think we're done, as we return to silence, I still didn't expect him to keep bothering me.

Ibuki: That guy has told us a lot of things about you.

By that guy, he must mean Ryuuen.

Hachiman: It doesn't make me happy to have another man talk behind my back.

Ibuki: I can't help it, it sounded like an old jukebox that couldn't be turned off. Are you really strong?

Hachiman: You have to define who is strong, there are many people that I consider impossible to beat, so tell me for you who is strong.

Ibuki: I am strong.

Hachiman: Then I'm stronger than you.

Ibuki: How annoying! You're so full of yourself!

Hachiman: Think what you want but it's true.

Ibuki: If you talk so arrogantly then I want to see how strong you are against Seong.

Hachiman: I forgot you're in the same class as that boy.

Ibuki: You seem to have met him.

Hachiman: Yeah, let's just say it wasn't a very pleasant experience.

Ibuki: It never is with that bastard.

Hachiman: You're not very fond of him either.

Ibuki: Obviously, who would be stupid enough to take on that sadistic, sick son of a bitch.

Hachiman: You talk about him like he's total scum.

Ibuki: It would be because I'm in the same class as him, but there's one thing I can't deny, he's strong, very strong and maybe that's why Ryuuen hasn't been able to take matters into his own hands with him.

It seems that even Ryuuen who is such a troublemaker has headaches with his class, a tyrant meets a bigger tyrant that he can't overcome in normal situations.

Although the short time I was in contact with Seong, he gave me that out of control feeling. I am no one to judge, but it seems to me that he is just looking to have fun in his stay in this school, even so his meaning of fun is very twisted, he looks for the weak to bully them or looks for strong to tear them apart, it is because of the short time I have known him that I have not known his way of being.

Hachiman: Are you still here?

Ibuki: You say that as if you will be bothered by my presence.

Hachiman: .............. Isn't it obvious?

Ibuki: Damn you, I'm going to kill you.

Hachiman: Come on, come on, you don't have to threaten death, but my question still stands.

Ibuki: *sigh* I was just curious what the praised Phantom Asura looks like, I figured you'd be a ten foot guy with arms as big as oak trees, and a Terrifying look. Looks like the only thing I was right about was the look, the rest was disappointing.

Hachiman: The one who wants to die is another one, you have to watch that sharp tongue.

Ibuki: You're still not going to make me take back what I said, those stories I heard about you are simply exaggerated.

Hachiman: And what do you gain by wanting to check the rumors?

Ibuki: Simple, I want to fight you.

Hachiman: No.

Ibuki: Haaaaaaaaa?! Why are you so quick to refuse?!

Hachiman: Obviously I wouldn't want to have to damage your pretty face.

Ibuki: ahhhhhhhhh, that's sweet, is that what you wanted me to say? It's a stupid reason, you know when you face an enemy it doesn't matter anything, gender, ability, looks, it's all for nothing when you start fighting.

Hachiman: Exactly, that's why I want to avoid fighting you, because I'll surely beat you.

Ibuki: Bastard, more and more I want to break your teeth.

Little by little she's been breaking free from her performance, she's quite hot-blooded when she concentrates on it.

Hachiman: Sorry, I want to keep my teeth in place, so if you do that I'll just have to crush you.

Ibuki: Ahhhhhh!!!! You drive me crazy, I really want to kick your ass.

She starts stomping aggressively on the floor, as if it's my face there, she's really frustrated, she must judge the situation and her role for the moment must not interfere with me. At least she retains self-control, it would be quite difficult to handle if she suddenly starts kicking me.

But she knows she can't do that, if she does it will only put her on the suspect list in the number one spot.

Even though she keeps kicking the ground as a sign of her anger, it really makes me feel bad for the guy who comes to like her, after all, will this girl have any chance of a healthy relationship?

Ibuki: Hey, what's that pitiful look on your face?

Hachiman: Nothing.

I must repeat myself again, I don't let my thoughts go out with annoying people.

Ibuki: I better go, just talking to you makes me want to vomit.

Hachiman: Ohhhhhh, how sweet, I had a great time with you too.

Ibuki: Fuck you.

With that he leaves with furious steps towards the camp, it looks like he's going to make his move soon.