VOL 1 Chapter 17 May 1st

At last came the first turning point, the first of May, in the original was where the reality of the D-class students was destroyed, replaced by despair, let's see how much my intervention diverted this timeline.

We are about to start class, when Chabashira-sensei enters, and passes her gaze over everyone.

Chabashira: Good morning, class D or should I say class B?

With this I can feel the immediate joy of my classmates, they have been quite tense these past few days due to the anxiety about the results. This news has taken quite a lot of weight off their shoulders.

The sensei begins to write the class results on the blackboard.

Class A -940 POINTS

Class D -740 POINTS

Class B-650 POINTS

Class C-490 POINTS

Chabashira: I congratulate you, you have been promoted to class B, you have achieved something that no one in this school has done, but I advise you not to be overconfident, after all the target is class A.

He quickly pours a bucket of cold water over our heads.

Chabashira: You have done a good job, I admit it, but I want you to ask yourselves, if it hadn't been for Hikigaya, would you be where you are, I think you already have the answer .

Tch, way to throw more responsibility than I had, I thought I had already gone through those waters, but Sensei doesn't want to let go.

Chabashira: Unlike class A, there are students here who have learning problems. In the mock exam there were 20 questions, the average of the class was 68.5, which means that the passing grade is 35 points, there are five students who are on the red line, if it were a real exam they would be expelled.

You can feel the seriousness with which he said it, this puts a fearful expression on the majority, this only increases the pressure.

Chabashira: So make sure you study harder for the mid-term exams in three weeks, the fourth period you have free use it as you like.

And so he left us in thoughts, it's a bittersweet feeling but I guess it's something.

Hirata turns to me, which I nod, I get up from my seat and stand on the podium, this gets everyone's attention, moments later Hirata, Horikita and Kushida stand next to me.

Hachiman: Chabashira-sensei, you have already said the most, but I think we should not despise this achieved this will help us focus on our way to A class.

It boosts everyone's morale.

Ike: Yes it's true, A class is a crazy thing.
Yamauchi: I'll just let them stay on top a little longer, until I go and claim the throne.

Shinohara: But we're already in the B class.

Satou: That's great. These have been pretty tense but it's been worth it.

And so several expressed their opinions, you can feel that they are cheerful and relieved, this will help them receive the plan to follow with more willingness.
Hachiman: I hope you are prepared, because this has just begun, we will face many more challenges from now on, so let's stick together.

This reaffirms the determination of the class unity.

Hachiman: The sensei left us the results of the mock test, I said before that this was going to be a great advantage, because it shows us the weaknesses of the class. I want to propose to make some study groups, this way we can help and improve each other, obviously it is not mandatory but I would prefer that everyone participates.

Everyone is silent, Karuizawa is the first to speak.

Karuizawa: I'm in, I'm in, no matter how much I study by myself it's quite complicated and the classes are quite difficult to understand.

Thanks, Karuizawa, she became Hirata's girlfriend and cement her position as the leader of the girls in the class, what she said gave everyone a strong push.

Mori: Me too, me too, I'm in, I think this will help me a lot.

Okitani: It would be great if I can improve especially in Japanese I suck there.

Ike: Hopefully Kikyo-chan will be the one to teach me.

It's pretty easy to get them on the same page when you have the right people. I start looking at the results, and turn to the person in first place.

Hachiman: Koenji, do you want to be part of the study group as a tutor.

Koenji: Hmmm, no, I would spend my precious time contemplating my perfect self.

Hachiman: I see

With this I do not insist again, as I guessed, Koenji will not cooperate, we watch the results in silence until I decide what to do.

Hachiman: Horikita, Yukimura-kun, Hirata, Kushida-san, Wang-san and Matsushita-san, will be in charge of the study groups.

Horikita and Yukimura are tied for second place with 90 points, then go Hirata, Kushida, Wang and surprisingly Matsushita, they are tied with 85 points, I don't know what motivated Matsushita to show his capabilities, but this works in my favor.

After saying that I see Hirata, he's looking at me with a smile plastered on his face,but my intuition tells me he's not smiling at all, the same goes for Kushida the only one who changes is Horikita who looks at me with a frown.

Hirata: Hikigaya -kun, why aren't you a tutor if you have the same score as me?
Huh, he places a hand on my shoulder, the atmosphere is getting colder and colder, Hirata is scaring me, he's not with his usual pretty boy face.

Hachiman: ehhh , I'm not good at teaching, and some may feel uncomfortable if I do it.

Hirata: Rejected.

Bat my little protest too fast, this side of Hirata is scaring the hell out of me. In this life I isolated myself early on but I didn't sink into spite, so I started devoting more time to studies and martial arts, ha that's the only thing I have some confidence in. I don't want to be a tutor, if I keep rejecting him they will think I'm slacking, the only thing left to do is to give in.

Hachiman: ehh..Mmm, I understand, I'll be a tutor, please take care of me.

Hirata nods as if nothing happened, what the hell did you do with the real Hirata?
Hirata: That one is much better, I expect the best from you, Hikigaya-kun.

Horikita: Hmph, always looking to get rid of the heavy lifting.

Kushida: Well it wouldn't be Hikigaya-kun if it doesn't.

It seems that already my position in the minds of my peers has degenerated quite a bit, but the hardest part is that I can't deny it.

Horikita: Then how about if I organize the groups and write them in the chat room.

Hachiman: That's fine.

Hirata: I agree.

Kushida: Same here.

With the matter of the groups settled, it allowed me to get the attack ready, now it remains to talk about the defense.

Hachiman: Alright, we've already started with our first move, but it's not enough, we're going to protect ourselves from the other classes.