VOL 2 Chapter 17 Second Year Status

Kiryuin: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you have enough courage to introduce yourself to me, I thought you had forgotten me.

And here I am with Kiryuin -senpai on some benches, where they are always desolate. I have to talk a little with her.

Hachiman: It is impossible for me to forget my favorite Senpai, after all she has the beauty comparable to the Mona Lisa and her intelligence puts the scholars of antiquity to shame.

Kiryuin: Stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop your honey mouth, tell me what you want.

Annoyed, she moves her hand in exasperation to stop me.

Hachiman: It hurts a little Senpai that you only think I come to talk to you when I need something.

She looks at me coldly.

Hachiman: It's okay, I have something to ask.

Kiryuin: Hoooooo, go ahead, but I might not be able to answer.

Hachiman: I know Senpai can do it, I wanted to ask about the status of the senpai school year.

His gaze becomes sharp in an instant.

Kiryuin: And why do you want to know?

Hachiman: A few days ago I met a very peculiar Senpai, I get the feeling that the sophomores have some drawbacks.

Kiryuin: I see, I can ask the name.

Hachiman: Yes of course, his name is Seo Samuel.

When I say his name, he shows me a stunned expression, it's amazing that this girl who could be considered as the female version of Koenji is surprised, that confirms my suspicions that Samuel is someone troublesome.

Kiryuin: So you met him, of all people you met the most annoying one.

Hachiman: It seems that Kiryuin -senpai is not very fond of him.

Kiryuin: You could put it that way, or should I say more precisely that it's like avoiding a walking disaster. All right, consider it as an act of good faith, let it serve as a warning to you, I'll tell you the status of the second year.

I seem to have underestimated Samuel quite a bit, if she thinks so.

Hachiman: Please, it would help me a lot.

Kiryuin: Very well, the whole school year is being controlled by the vice president of the student council, Nagumo Miyabi, a member of the A class.

That's no surprise, so I'm glad that still some things remain in place.

Kiryuin: Nagumo will most likely become the next student council president. That guy uses all methods to win, blackmail, bribery, bribes, threats, framing someone else and physical force. This has caused several students to be expelled, of course all this is done behind the curtain.

Truly a character who is very annoying, a narcissist who uses the school as a playground.

Hachiman: So you're saying he's acting like a tyrant.

Kiryuin: Yes but at the same time no, he uses unscrupulous methods I don't deny it, yet his charisma to lead other people is incredible, it's almost brainwashing that combined with his methods no one has been able to mess with him.
Although of course he has his opponents but no one is able to say it out loud.

Hachiman: I understand the situation but what does it have to do with Samuel-senpai?

Kiryuin -senpai looks at me in surprise.

Kiryuin: you're even calling him by his first name, that's bad, he only does that with the people he wants to destroy, calm down for a moment, that's where I was going.

As I suspected, he's already got me in his sights. It seems that my instinct still stands.

Kiryuin: I told you that Nagumo also used brute force, the second year D class instead of the title of defects have the title of "hunting dogs."

Hunting dogs? What a name.

Hachiman: So the D class are basically Nagumo's personal mercenaries.

Kiryuin: Right, they are those in charge of doing Nagumo's dirty work, your adored Samuel-senpai is one of the central figures.

I sense a bit of bitterness in his sarcasm.

Hachiman: One? So there are more.

Kiryuin: Don't get your hopes up, the D-class situation is complicated.

Hachiman: How complicated?

Kiryuin: Quite a lot, i am telling you that they are Nagumo's personal group, so he had to use the carrot and stick to make use of their services, running his errands gave him extra benefits, such as walking around and covering his misdeeds, the D class gladly accepts the carrots and fulfills their duties. But it's hard to keep such troublesome kids together, so they have two leaders.

Hachiman: Interesting, then I can deduce that Samuel-senpai is one of them.

Kiryuin: Right, he along with another classmate are the ones leading the class.

Hachiman: There's something wrong.

Kiryuin: I see you saw the mistake, it's impossible for there to be two leaders in the class at this stage.

Hachiman: So they are in a state of civil war.

Kiryuin: I wouldn't call it war but rather rivalry, as long as they fulfill their roles Nagumo won't stop them from their internal struggle.