VOL 2 Chapter 9 The trial

It's the next day, they are about to finish the class, Yamauchi and Ike are nervous, I don't blame them, at any moment their lives will depend on what happens next.
When it's about to end, Chabashira-sensei enters with his always stern expression.

Chabashira: Ike and Yamauchi, you're heading to the student council office today.

Satou: Huh? Sensei, did they do something wrong?

As expected our classmates are curious as to why they were called. Besides they think it's related to the beatings they showed up with today.

Chabashira: Class D accuses Ike and Yamauchi of sexually harassing one of their classmates. A trial will be held today to determine if it is true.

What she said was a bombshell, many of the girls start to reproach them.

Shinohara: They're the worst! How dare they do that?

Mori: I thought they were just perverts, but now they're rapists, how disgusting.

Matsushita: I'm really disgusted to be around them.

Satou: That's disgusting, I can pass that they try to look up their skirts but that's too far.

Onodera: So that's why they're all beaten up, they deserve it.

Inogashira: I'm afraid they'll try to do something to us.

And so they gather several complaints against them, no wonder since they don't have a good reputation for their perversion.

Yamauchi: We didn't do it, it was all a trap.

Ike: Yeah, yeah, those D-class bastards beat us up for their amusement.

Even if they try to defend themselves, it's a futile effort.

Shinohara: Stop lying, that's why they were so close to those D-class girls.

Ike: Please believe us, we didn't do anything we were framed.

Their pleas fall on deaf ears, the prejudices are already there it's very hard to change their minds. Well if we didn't have those people that would be the case.

Kikyo: Girls, please I know how you feel, but it's still too early to doubt the innocence of the two.

Yousuke: Kushida-san is right, as Sensei said, there will be a trial to know the whole truth.

With the intervention of the two, they relax a little but are still on the defensive. Matsushita decides to break the balance.

Matsushita: if that's the case, we will wait for the verdict, but Hikigaya -kun has been very quiet, as the class leader I would like your opinion.

This bitch, makes the atmosphere uncomfortable between the two of us, I have not been able to see eye to eye with her, for her to now place me in the main focus. How annoying.

But now that everyone in the room is turning their attention to me, I'm forced to speak up.

Hachiman: It is true that the accusation is very serious, at the moment they are in limbo, although in our case I want to believe in their innocence.

My answer surprises everyone, except those who already know about the situation.

Karuizawa: Huh? Hikigaya-kun: Why is that?

Hachiman: It's simple, if they turn out to be guilty they will most likely be expelled, and it can be reflected in our points, for each person expelled it can be 100,200,300,400 or more class points. Which would put us at a clear disadvantage.

When I say this the girls' expression changes from angry to worried, profit is something that can keep people together, if it is affected, people go crazy.

Satou: That's very bad.

Onodera: Doesn't it mean that our efforts would be in vain?

Matsushita: That's a worrying analysis indeed.

Hachiman: It's an emergency situation, so we must prove the innocence of both of them.

Chabashira: That's enough talk, Ike and Yamauchi can choose two people to help them during the trial, obviously I will be present.

Chabashira-sensei cuts us off quickly, and turns to the two boys.

The two look at each other, and respond.

Ike: Sensei we would like Horikita and Ayanokouji to accompany us.

Ike says, and confusion looms over everyone, before they start asking questions I decide to speak.

Hachiman: Before you say anything, this was already arranged, I chose Horikita and Ayanokouji because I think they are the best choice. I will not participate because I want to avoid unnecessary stares. In the meantime I will look for a solution to this predicament.

With this I answer the doubts you had. Of course I discussed this with Kiyotaka, I had to say his last name because I am not sure if you know his name, as for Kiyotaka I gave him a call last night. He had his doubts but in the end he agreed.

The classes are over and the four of them are leaving with Chabashira-sensei, it's up to them what happens during the trial.

But I also want to settle a matter with one person first. My gaze goes to my right looking for the girl in question, when I see, she is leaving the classroom.
I send a glance to Haruka, where she answers me with a look that tells me "go follow her, quickly."

So I quickly go towards her, I have mentioned this before, Airi has been distant, to the point of almost ignoring me, where was my old self, I would also stop talking to her to avoid awkwardness, but I know that if I stop talking to her, then it means I haven't changed at all.

Besides Airi is the same type of person as me, with social anxiety, if we leave things as they are we will definitely drift apart.

And ........... is something I don't want.

Call it selfishness, hypocrisy, disgusting, suspicious among other things.

It's the truth.

I don't want to part with one of my first friends I made.

I go after her and start calling her, I do it in a moderate tone, I don't have enough courage to shout her name, so I keep calling her as I get closer to her.

When I am close enough I call her name again.

Hachiman: Airi

Airi: Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

She hearing her name so close just screams and throws something towards the sky,the object is thrown so hard that it hits the ceiling of the hallway and falls back to the ground.

Ouch, whatever it is, I don't think it's in good shape.

Airi: Ah!