VOL 2 Chapter 7 Trap

When I left the cafe it was quite late, there I get a message from Sotomura saying he needed to talk to me. Of course I said yes, I told him to meet me behind the convenience store.

It's around 6:30 pm and he buys a drink from the vending machine, and I go behind the convenience store. Five minutes later Sotomura and Hondo arrive, with serious expressions.

Hachiman: Wow, I didn't think I'd see the professor so stern.

Sotomura: I wish it was because my 2d girlfriends had abandoned me, Hikigaya-dono.

Hondo: I agree with Professor. The situation is more serious than we thought.

Hachiman: you seem to bring some results.

Sotomura: Of course, but I wish they were positive.

That they see the reality with their own eyes predisposes them to help with all their will.

Hachiman: Tell me what happened.

Hondo: It's just as you said Hikigaya, their body languages completely reject those two.

Sotomura: Yes, if you hadn't told us to take a good look, they would have gone unnoticed.

Hondo: Sometimes you could hear the sarcasm in their voice, they always kept an arm's length away from them, when they thought we weren't looking they would sneer.

Sotomura: It's as if they were forcing them to come closer to them.

Hachiman: I see, and those two pacifiers haven't noticed anything, have they?

Sotomura: Now I see why they say that love makes fools of everyone.

Hachiman: But those dorks live in love then.

Hondo: They're my friends but I can't deny it.

It's just what I expected, Ryuuen must have convinced those girls to carry out this plan, physical violence might have been counterproductive, then psychological abuse or monetary bribery.

Ryuuen is a leader who uses the carrot and the stick. If his performance is very good then he most likely bribed them.
This is conjecture without evidence but I can see the picture now. It's a pretty troubling situation.

As I wander in my thoughts I can see doubt in the eyes of the two boys, as if they want to tell me something.

Hachiman: I know they want to tell me something.

Sotomura: Well, Hachiman-dono, I don't know if it's right to tell you this?

Hondo: But I think it's better to tell you. Yamauchi told us something very important.

This catches my attention. I don't interrupt Hondo by letting him continue.

Hondo: He told us that they were going to meet tomorrow on the rooftop with those girls, according to them they had something important to tell them.

Hachiman: Ohhhhh, a double confession, but I don't think that's the case.

Sotomura: Exactly, with everything we've talked about I can't look favorably on that relationship anymore. It's very strange that they are in such a hurry.

Hondo: Hikigaya, please give us your opinion.

Hachiman: I understand, but you are not going to hear nice things. First of all, I can only blame those two for their idiocy and if they end up in a problem it will be very difficult to solve, secondly that meeting on the rooftop it is obvious that there is going to be something shady, I think I know the reason why they are rushing, their performance is not ten, if they continue they are going to see many fractures that even those two would notice and lastly on the rooftop the D class leader's plan will be carried out.
It is a reality that they have to accept.