VOL 3 Chapter 9 C Class Camp

It's not something a normal person takes pride in making friends but in my case I should, the only problem is that they are so friendly that they seem sarcastic, I know I'm sounding mean and suspicious, it's something I'm very aware of, I'm not used to unintentional friendliness.

Still it is quite difficult to create a conversation with them, at this moment I am talking to Furinji-san, or exactly being bombarded with questions, about my likes and dislikes, my hobbies, what TV shows I prefer, among other things, this girl's energy seems like a bottomless pool.

Furinji: By the way Hikigaya-kun, I told you about my family situation, it wouldn't be fair if only I told you.

So you want to know about my family, I was hoping you will ask, I guess my family is normal.

Now on second thought, no.

There is quite a lot I don't know about my parents, I feel useless thinking of them as normal. We hardly ever spent time as a family, we would barely have dinner for Christmas or take a two day trip somewhere before they would rush back to their work, which created a false image that they were slaves to their company that they created themselves , so to hear that their company is quite........good. is a big surprise. Besides the fact that we never talked that much, every now and then they would call to scold me for the fights I was having, I was left in charge of those two.

I have to stop thinking about it or I will bring back very bad memories.

Anyway, my communication with my parents is pretty bad, which contributed to my loneliness in this life being an only child. But I really didn't hate them, I love them normally, I just can hardly ever express that love, I don't hate them for leaving me alone, I know the world is very cruel and one way to survive is with money, so it would be unfair for me to hate them knowing that they work so that I don't lack anything.

Hachiman: Both my parents work almost all the time, so I don't talk much with them, don't worry I don't have a bad relationship with them because of this, I think it's normal.

Furinji: I'm sorry if I touched a nerve.

That should be me saying that, the death of both of her parents is a big event, so you telling me that makes me feel worse about tasting kindness from her.

Besides I said it's the normal thing to do.

Hachiman: Don't worry, I wasn't offended at all.

I think it's better to stop this topic, although I love my parents I can't help but be upset for letting me live through some unpleasant experiences.
Depressing thoughts out, out.

As we walk, I can see a space opening up before us, the trees are no longer a panorama.

I can see tents set up around the well, it is the C class camp, it seems there has been no change in their location.

When we arrive a familiar girl approaches, it is Amikura Mako, one of Honami's friends.

Amikura: Oh, Miu-chan, are you here together with Hikigaya-kun?

Hachiman: Hi, sorry to barge in.

Furinji: I met Hikigaya-kun on my way here, he was pretty tired, so I invited him to rest for a while.

Amikura: Fufufu, rest? Sure, no problem.

She says it so suspiciously that it makes me want to leave, but that would be rude to Furinji.

With that she leads us to a hammock, oh, I know where this is going.

Amikura: Honami-chan, you have visitors.

Honami: Huh? What do you mean Mako-chan?

I'll see you face to face.

Hachiman: Me.

Honami: Ohhh, if it isn't Hachiman-kun.

Amikura: Come on Honami-chan, don't be shy with your potential boyfriend.

Honami: W-what are you saying?! You'd better not say anything unnecessary.

Amikura: Ah, sorry, I remember that you were rejected.

This girl is very insensitive, where it would have been for real, my depressive thoughts would be multiplied a hundredfold.

Honami hearing this, starts to cover Amikura's mouth, the girl resists, it's like watching a comedy scene with low budget and first class actors.

Honami: Mako-chan, you better be quiet.

Amikura: mmpphdmd moskekdmdj.

It's indecipherable what she's saying.
Honami is covering her mouth after all.

Amikura gives up and stops struggling.

Honami: Are you going to stop saying things out of turn?

Amikura nods. This girl is a lot of work.

Honami: Alright, now what are you doing here Hachiman-kun?

Hachiman: Let's just say I wanted to say hello.

Furinji: Liar, he was exploring the forest when I found him wandering around.

Hachiman: You make it sound like he's a lost child.

Furinji: A lost child would give me more confidence.

Honami: So that doesn't make him suspicious?

Furinji: You're right.

These two girls are synchronized to screw me over, but there's nothing I can do, I'm completely surrounded by the enemy, my attempts are futile.

Amikura: Hikigaya-kun you must be something for those two to say such cruel words. Calm down you can cry on Onee-san's chest all you want.

She opens her arms like a child.

Amikura: Come on don't be shy, even though we'll never give you Honami-chan, I'm here to cover her place.

Hachiman: Thanks but no thanks, you sound like too much trouble.

Amikura: Rude, but that's the way I like them.

Hachiman: Are you a masochist?

Amikura: Not at all, I just love to see how such rebellious men become docile like pets.

Hachiman: You say that as if you have a lot of experience.

Amikura: I don't, but I've seen a lot of series that do it.

Haaaa? What kind of logic is that? It's like saying you learned how to fight by watching one piece or Naruto.

Hachiman: It sounds like something disgusting.

Amikura: You make it sound like a plague.

Hachiman: Aren't you?

Amikura: I see where Honami-chan learned to bite so hard from, you know we women are delicate so those words offend me a lot.