S.S Determination

Sakura POV

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm such a fool.

I thought I could take it easy on my feelings of love I have for Hachiman-kun.

I was so naive. I never thought about the possibility that he might be in love too. It makes me feel lousy.

I don't know how to talk to him, the embarrassment I feel is quite a lot, I don't have the face to face him, the situation is worse because I seem to be ignoring him.

I didn't expect him to come over to talk to me, although the camera I had with me was destroyed in the process. The guilt on Hachiman-kun's face was evident, it makes me feel bad because it happened due to the fact that I was stuck in my world.

He proposed that we meet on Saturday to buy a new one.

It's a date.

It's impossible for me to think otherwise, it's the first time a guy has invited me on a weekend for the two of us to go out. It's a date, a date, and with the guy I like. It's inevitable that I'm nervous.

I couldn't sleep almost because of the excitement and what I dreamt were very strange things.

Awawawa, bad Airi , bad Airi . Concentrate.

I tried to choose simple but nice clothes, I don't want him to think badly of me if I arrive all changed, besides I don't want that man to recognize too much.

On Saturday I arrived at the Keyaki fountain, half an hour before the appointed time. In the end my nerves got the better of me and I decided to come earlier so as not to keep him waiting.

As time went by I was still immersed in my thoughts, I think someone sat next to me, I guess I'll take a look at him.

Airi: Ha-Hachiman-kun?

To my surprise it's the guy I was waiting for, I was literally ignoring him.

Hachiman: Hi, I didn't mean to interrupt, you looked so thoughtful.

Airi: That's not true, I was just distracted.

It's true, multiple scenarios run through my head, that I completely ignore reality.

Hachiman: I'm sorry, did you wait too long?

He apologizes, I can't tell him I was waiting for half an hour, it will only make him feel guilty. It's not something I can allow, knowing that it's my fault for being early.

Airi: no, no, I just got here, I should be sorry, you must have had trouble finding me, after all I'm very dull, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't mistake me in the crowd.

He looks at me expressionless, I think I didn't say anything strange.

Hachiman: Airi, are you kidding me?

Airi: Huh? Of course I'm not.

Hachiman: You know if you didn't decide to hide your appearance you would be just as popular as Kikyo.

Maybe that's true, but at the end of the day I'm a very simple girl with very simple tastes that no one would care what you think.

Airi: But ....
Hachiman: easy, easy, I know you don't like the looks of other people, I just want you to know that no matter what they say, Airi, you are very pretty.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¿Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?!!!!!!!! he says it such a serious face, without a trace of sarcasm or mockery.
This is too much for my heart, I hope he don't end up saying things like this all the time because I would end up collapsing in front of him.

Hachiman: for you to look down on yourself like that, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Seriously this guy has enough nerve to say that to me.

Airi: Look who's talking, now you see how it feels to have your friend self-deprecate.

Hachiman: ugh, in my case it's the norm, I'm not someone good looking or communicative, so I'm not confident in either of those fields.

I hate it when he does that, to me he, he's very handsome, very talkative, very brave and very cool. I'm not going to let someone say that about him, even if it's himself.

Airi: See, there you go again, no matter how many times I tell you, to me you are great Hikigaya -kun.

A surprised expression rises on his face.

Hachiman: Th-that's great, thank you Airi, for thinking of me like that.

Traces of pride are noticeable when he says that, hehehehehe, I guess it wouldn't hurt to tease him a little.

Airi: Although I can say that you need to improve in many aspects, such as being more delicate, less cynical, not speaking with so many ironies, not making the environment uncomfortable all of a sudden, among other things.

Hachiman: Airi-sama, by doing that you will practically be wiping me off the face of the earth.

Airi: I see, too bad.
It's kind of fun to give him back some of what he's done to me, I give him a spoonful of his own medicine.

A moment passes in silence until I decide to ask myself.

Hachiman: Airi, can I ask you why I feel you've separated from me?

An unexpected question arises, I don't know what to say.

I definitely can't say that, I did it because my anxiety. It's a feeling that I can't let it come out at the moment.

Airi: I heard that you confessed to Ichinose-san.

Still the best option is to tell him about it. he'll think I'm a weirdo for meddling in his personal life.

Hachiman: Airi, don't worry, no matter what happens I'm not going to leave you or the guys, the group we formed is something I wouldn't replace for the world.

Huh? Is that the conclusion you came to? I can't stop my face from twisting a little.

Hachiman: I'm sorry for saying something weird, but I just wanted you to know that you're a special person to me, and that no one but you would ever take me away from you.

Hahhhhhhh?! Why is he spouting those teenage soap opera sentences where they swear to each other to love forever!

Do you really say words without knowing the meaning?!

Hearing that can be misinterpreted in many ways.

The best course of action for the moment is to keep quiet.

After a few moments of silence,i asked him.

Airi: Hachiman-kun can I ask you if you think it would be an extreme change if I go to school without glasses and with my hair down?

Hachiman: Yes it would be weird, many of our classmates would be too surprised, you might be overwhelmed by the questions they would ask.

Well at least your honesty is still intact.

Airi: I thought so.

Hachiman: What's with that question?

He's obviously going to be curious about the change of subject.

Airi: I thought I want to change too, I can't be the only one who stays in one point forever, but .....

Hachiman: You are afraid of change.

The fear that I can never go back to this point terrifies me, in the end I'm still the same coward.

Hachiman: It's normal, Airi, no matter who, everyone is afraid of change, even me, although sooner or later we will face it. I just want you to know that no matter what changes you have for me you will always be the crybaby, shy, sometimes hard to listen to, hard to understand, Airi.

He says something extremely rude but I'll let it go this time.

Airi: Is it okay that I want to change?

Hachiman: Let me tell you something, try to change, not for your classmates, not for us, not for the people around you either, just change for yourself.

Change for myself? I never thought about it like that, maybe the pressure of someone always watching me made me think about changing for other people, without worrying about what I wanted.

Airi: I understand, I will do my best.

I was very foolish, I always used a mask to keep myself away from others. Plus I kept losing sight of what I've wanted. Hachiman-kun is right, I want to change so I don't regret anymore what I do or don't do.

I must think more about myself, about what I feel and to start with, I'm going to start with him.

If he doesn't look at me with those eyes, I will make him look at me with those eyes. I'm tired of waiting for him to make the first move.

I will do everything I can to make him want to fall in love with me. It's kind of embarrassing to think about, but I'm not backing down. A determination I've never felt before rises in me.

I want to be by this guy's side.

As I'm reaffirming my new determination I feel something gently caressing my head. When I see Hachiman's hand touching my head, being shown facets I don't know about him makes me happy. But this is already getting out of control.

Hachiman: I'm sorry, I made you feel uncomfortable.

He apologizes for the sudden movement.

Airi: Awawawa, it's not true, I'm sorry if I made you think otherwise.

I'm really glad you do, however I would never have the courage to say it out loud.

Hachiman: Hahahahahahahahahaha, Airi you are funny when you get nervous.

And there he goes again, killing the emotional momentum, this guy has a serious problem with killing moods.

Airi: *sigh* I don't know why I got nervous with you, knowing how you are.

This guy is symbolic of dealing with a lot of work, but I'm willing to take all the work I can get to be side by side with him