EPISODE 12 - The Secret

"Why are you holding a knife against my neck?" Clara questions him. "Obviously, to kill you." He replied.

"Really, you're willing to kill me?" She mumbles. "Hm, I'm curious how it's like to die slowly." She added.

Suddenly, Clara held his hand that's holding the knife against her neck and pushes it towards her, slightly stabbing her flesh and making it bleed even more. It startled Irvin, but kept it cool, pretending to be okay.

"Do it. Stab me, let's see if you can." She whispers, all while turning her head over her shoulder to peek on Irvin, making the knife grind her skin and slicing it open, both feeling the vibration of the knife's handle as it traveled through Clara's skin and slicing it open, he's already trembling, but he gripped tighter to prevent so, his heart throbs faster and louder, and his sweat has already consumed a portion of his forehead. Making it difficult for Irvin to keep cool.

"Come on, kill me, do it slowly. Make me feel each millimeter of my skin being sliced, Irvin." She whispers, directly staring unto Irvin's eyes through the corner of her wide eyesight. Devouring Irvin's calmness bit by bit.

After a few moments, Irvin has totally lost cool, not able to move an inch, Clara effortlessly takes the knife off his hand. She turns to face him, grabbing his hair and points the tip of the knife directly towards his eye.

"Why try to kill me if you're that scared?" Clara asked, even tho she does not care. "You... You can't be called a human being at all... If ever you're one of them." He says, not moving even a little. "Them?" She asked before scoffing and putting the knife to the sink. "Sure, I wouldn't say I am human... but I'm not saying I'm not either." She added.

"Why did you suddenly do that anyway? Killing me..." She asked as she runs her fingers towards her wounded neck. "You're not human, are you? And I hate those creatures, they're usually insane for a human, and they're truly too much for a human to handle..." Irvin states.

"What? You mean those 'aliens'? Do they even exist?" Clara replies. "If that's the case, what made you hate them?" She added. "None of your business." Irvin replied, and with Clara not caring, she didn't say anything anymore.

"I'm going home." Irvin walks out after picking his stuff, leaving everyone during their sleep.

————————————————

On his way home while walking down the streets, a person reached out to him. "Yo!" They say. Irvin glanced ahead the path and saw a familiar face, "What are you doing in the middle of the night walking? Huh, Irvin?" A friend he knew since long ago emerged from the dark street and was lit by the street light. "Hey, Justin! Why are you here?!" Surprised by his sudden appearance, Irvin was happy to see his friend. "I was walking my girlfriend home. How about you, you're walking here alone, that's something rare." Justin states. "Well, I was it my friend's house, they're having a sleepover so I just kinda tagged along." Irvin said.

"Hey, that's even rarer than seeing you walk in the middle of the night!" Justin couldn't believe Irvin now has friends. "Also, I don't believe you saying you walked your girlfriend home." Says Irvin. "Then what else could I be doing?" Justin shrugs. "Sigh... Alright, let me see what you got this time." Irvin said as he spreads his palm. "What?~ Fine. Yeah, I was out doing the usual." He rolls his eyes. "You, I bet you still resent those creatures for killing your entire family, no?" He added. "Heh, looks to me like you've moved on already." Irvin replied. "Moved on?! You must be kidding! Like hell I'd forgive those pieces of shits! Especially that hotheaded they call Hero QUEEN!" Justin suddenly rants at Irvin. "One day, I'll find her, and I'll kill her." Irvin declares.

"By the way, there's this girl who looked like Hero QUEEN, I even suspect they're related." Irvin said with a frown on his face. "Related? You must be out of your mind." Justin said yelled while lighting a smoke. "I know, so I guessed maybe she's just a fan trying to imitate that creature's appearance." Irvin said looking away from Justin to glance around. "Who's this girl anyway? Justin curiously asked as he blows his smoke. "Her name is Clara, I even tried to kill her... But she was... Sigh." Hesitant, he could continue talking.

"What? Is she a friend? Is that why you couldn't?" Justin asked. "Yeah, she's a friend. But that's hardly my reason." Irvin mumbled. "Hm? Really? What's the reason?" Irvin got Justin even more curious, making him ask. "She was totally... Well... She was kinda not like any other people..." Irvin hesitated again. "Just tell me, dude!" Justin got excited. "She's just utterly insane. As if being hurt is completely normal. She's definitely the definition 'of wolf in sheep's clothing'." Irvin said.

"Oh, yeah? What's her name?" Justin asked as he inhales the nicotine from his cigarette. "Clara Forteza." Irvin replied.

Immediately, after hearing her name, Justin was shocked, accidentally dropping his cigarette to the ground. Irvin wondered what's going on so he asked. "What? Is something wrong with her?" Irvin asked.

"Clara?! Clara Forteza?!" Justin is just purely shocked. "Yeah, why? You know her?" Irvin asked him, totally surprised by his reaction.

"Heh, I know her alright. We were classmates when I was in fourth grade. Both of us, ah, including Lana and Cary, we transferred there at the day. And we had this ability assessment thing, making us show our abilities and combat knowledge. I mean, we're in elementary, who does that?! Then suddenly, terrorists attacked the school, including the arena, it was like a movie! She was there... And me too... And guess what happened? She was shot to the heart, man, she was totally dead by then!" Justin stated to Irvin.

"Shot and died?! Then why is she..." Irvin was confused. "Maybe we're talking about two different people here..." He added.

"That's a possibility. But there's still no point whether it's her or a different person. Because, yeah, she actually did die on the spot. But after a few seconds, she suddenly stood like nothing happened, and it was like sje was a totally different entity, as if she was the incarnation of dark power itself, she even attacked the terrorists, ripping them apart like soaked paper. That's the end, her family then paid money to the witnesses, including me." Justin said. "Heh, I can't forget what her father told me that day, that was traumatizing, man. "He chuckles.

"What did he say?" Irvin asked. "'Tell anyone and I'll blow yours and your family's brains out, okay?'" Is what he said. "What? That's totally disturbing for a fourth grader to hear." Irvin said. "Yeah, so after that day, not a single sould mentioned anyone dying." Justin said. "Ahaha. End of story. Well, what do we know, the gods might've given her the ability of immortality." Justin chuckled. "Yeah, might be a possibility too. But if you're not allowed to tell anyone, why'd you tell me?" Irvin asked. "Dunno." Justin shrugs. "You should be careful, man. They might kill you." Irvin said.

"HAHA! Fun fact: Clara picked a fight with the president, that's how they end up having a duel to assess her ability that day." Justin shared.

"Really? Who won?" Irvin asked. "No one, they were interupted by the attack." Justin replied. "But one thing's for sure. That day, she was shot trying to save him, he was scared away from his wits, only realized what happened after Clara dropped dead to the floor. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're attending the same school even now." Justin added.

"Really? That makes me curious who this guy is..." Irvin said. Maybe even one of her friends. He thought.

"Ah, his name was Mikhael. Mikhael... Silverio, was it?" Justin replied. "Sigh... That makes it all clear." Irvin said. "Of course it's already clear! I already mentioned her three friends, not including Liz and Quinn." Justin shrugged. "That explains just why she's not scared of dying." Irvin mumbled. "Really? Hah, too bad for you. At least she prevented you from becoming a murderer you moron." Justin nags him.

“I'm curious how it's like to die slowly.” Clara's words rang to his head, pitying her for being killed just for trying to save someone.

"Not going home?" Justin asked. "Nah, how about you?" Irvin replied. "Heh, wanna go to an arcade then?" Justin smirks. "Yeah, let's go." Irvin smiled as he pats Justin's back and walked ahead.

TO BE CONTINUED