EPISODE 14 - Changes

Two whole years have passed, finally, the day Clara was nervous about has come, the final year of her middle school life, grade nine.

But not yet, since it's still class time.

————————————————

"Wanna join my organization? It's named black wolves." Cary said out of the blue, and just like Clara said, she really doesn't seem to hide or care about any of it.

"Hm? Black wolves? Isn't that the infamous organization that no one even knows if does it truly exist of just rumors?" Nox blabbed whilst playing on his phone.

"Hmph! How'd you even get in that organization?" Quinn questioned her, because obviously, who would believe that?

"I was adopted by the leader." She carelessly said. "Then can you boss their men around?!" Nox exclaimed. "Of course... Sometimes, that is." She replied.

"I'm in then." Nox said, pretending to care when she doesn't even believe Cary in the first place.

"Yeah, I'll introduce you to the executives then..." Cary continued to blab and blab, and that pissed Clara off.  She then grabs Cary out the classroom and slammed her to the door of the girl's restroom and locked it.

"How could you blab all of that to those clueless people?!" Clara slapped her. Cary didn't respond and just continued to look down the floor.

"Do you even have any idea how careful I am! Even Lana is careful! We are so careful not to give ourselves away! And suddenly, your gonna go and recruit untrained civilians?! Cary, I thought you were smarter than this!" Clara totally snapped at her.

"Clara... I don't know anymore..." Cary murmured. "What are you on about?" Clara got confused.

"I'm jealous of you... How'd you even stay sane after seeing all those people getting slaughtered every day? Give me some tips sometimes." Cary yapped with her trembling voice.

That very moment, Clara realized something. Cary, who was once a cool headed friend of hers, has now lost her mind, unable to keep up with the brutality she's forced to witness.

"Still, that's not a reason to get them involved!" Clara was still angry at her. "Okay, okay. Jeez. I'll say I was kidding, fair enough?" Cary whined. "'fair enough' my ass." I could kill you right now." Clara grumbled as she walks out the restroom with a gloomy face.

————————————————

Later that day, during the night. Clara is already fast asleep when in her dream, she's at the room with infinite horizon again.

CLARA'S POV:

It's been years since I last dreamt of this mysterious place. So I wandered around even tho there's nothing to see. The empty room is so boring so eventually, I sat at the floor and waited for something to happen.

"Clara..." An enormous voice echoes towards me, asking for me to come... Probably. "Um, hello? Was it you who tried to talk to me years ago?" I asked. "Yes. I was." She replied, delivering her voice from a far distant that I cannot comprehend which direction came from. "Uh huh? Then what are you? Why do you appear in my dreams?" I asked. "You may seem like dreaming, but you are not even asleep here." She chuckled. "Oh, yeah? So what are you?" I repeated my question.