EPISODE 13 - The History and The Pretend Family

“500 years has passed, the day we uncovered the existence of other worldly beings has change the course of the universe we once knew. The discovery of living beings in other planets shocked humanity to its very wits.

The greedy humans sought power, but not by stealing from these aliens, but by mating with them. Humanity believed that if they're reborn as a new hybrid species, they will grow stronger, deaths can potentially decrease, and most of all, the natural short life span of humanity might just be solved. So in the early 2000s, both sides agreed to the said experiment.

Offsprings all over the globe were delivered successfully, both healthy and extraordinarily stronger than humans, but there was one major problem. The experiment was indeed a success, but not until after decades, the offsprings slowly died one by one. Some experienced sudden rapid aging resulting in death, rotting flesh, and many more horrifying causes.

While there were those who survived, it was only due to the fact that the aliens who mated with the humans have matched every structure and DNA sequence. Basically, the offsprings can be referred to as  the "mule" for when a donkey and a horse mate.

The aliens stopped the experiment, stating that no matter what humans do, they can never fulfill their greed for power. And that they should just be contented to the abilities gifted to them by the gods.

The other worldly beings left earth, none of them remained, for they then label earth as nothing but an ancient world that will never be ready for the future they want to fulfill.”

The teacher discussed to his students, introducing the failed future humanity could've grasped if only they were stronger.

A student raised his hand, hoping to ask the teacher a question. "Yes?" The teacher asked.

"Why do we need those aliens to grow stronger? Don't the gods already give us enough power through the abilities they give us?" The student asked, unintentionally repeating the point the other worldly beings stated to humans.

"We cannot guess what humans think. They have different views and experiences in life. You might be contented with your life at your young age, bit it might not be the case for the greedy ones." The teacher replied.

The students were silent, all for different sorts of reasons, some were sleeping, some were amazed, or devastated about the history, and mostly, they have too much questions to even start asking.

————————————————

Lunchtime, Clara is alone at the rooftop while everyone else is at the cafeteria sating lunch.

"Last weekend..." Cary talks as she walks towards Clara. "Hm? Why? What about last weekend?" Clara asked as she lits a smoke. "Stop smoking, it doesn't even make you look cool." Cary strayed from her topic to nag her. "Leave me alone. So, what about last weekend?" Clara asked.

She knows what Cary was talking about, and so she's asking what's the big deal about it, and Cary knows that.

"Clara..." Liz, who's always cheerful, reached out to her with a sad face. "We were awake that night, when Irvin tried to kill you... I even recorded it." Liz added. "That's what you always do, anyway." Clara said.

"He finally showed his true colors after a month, huh..." Cary said as she crossed her arms and raised a brow.

"Clara!" Yells Irvin, who slowly walks out the door of the and towards them. Cary and Liz were surprised because of his yell, and they looked immediately at him.

"Hello, there. It's the week's first day of school and you just showed up during lunch? Bad student." Clara grumbled but with a grin.

"Well... Is something wrong?" Irvin asked out of nowhere. "Hmph! It's nothing, really. It's no big deal that we saw you point a knife at our friend, you dumb shit!" Liz snapped.