EPISODE 12.5 - The Resentful Past

IRVIN'S POV:

Fearful of the superior celestial beings' havoc, people screamed, cried, and tried their best to run away from the wrath of the enemy. There stood my family, held hostage by these evil creatures, even from this distance, the cries of my siblings, every tremble they make, and every scream they utter out their fearful souls were so vivid. Too vivid.

Beside me, stood Hero QUEEN, up against her enemy, unfazed, and courageous, or so they say. Because in the end, the supposedly hero who saved humanity from the evil creature, in truth, ran away, unable to do anything, saving only me, and purposely leaving my family behind as distraction for her to be able to leap away.

That very moment, the screams I let out as I witness my own family being massacred like bugs. And as my sight of them slowly fades away because of Hero QUEEN's escape, I punched her, hit her, cursed at her.

Hero QUEEN is a mysterious figure of strength and peace, a hero adored by so many. With a full helmet and mask on, no one could guess who she was. Yet that very moment, the last hit I threw at her knocked her already damaged helmet, revealing her beautiful long hair, with the color of dark blue-green that transitions to the lower half as dark pink that's almost reddish. Her rubby red eyes, her snowwhite and pinkish inhuman skin, and most of all, her painful expression of a scared girl, crying as she holds on to me.

"It's alright, kid, everything will be alright." She said with her trembling and pitiful voice as even more tears roll down her rosy cheeks. Even when she's probably exhausted from running non-stop, she just had the luxury to lie to be about being alright.

"What alright are you even talking about?!! You let them die, you witch!!" My small voice screamed in anger, I was just a little child, I couldn't possibly wiggle myself away from her strengthened grasp, so I screamed and screamed at her.

"No one will cook for me! No will will take care of me! How will I survive?! I'm all alone!!" I cried, streaming my lungs out because of how I realized my loneliness now and in the future.

"Don't worry, kid. The government will take care of you, cook for you, give you a home until you're ready to be on your own... So it's okay." She replied, already struggling to talk from running.

Now I realize as I open my eyes, that is was all a dream. A hidden memory that's still do vivid in my mind has come back to me as a dream, as if I was rewatching my actual memory. How strange...

Justin and I stayed up all night at the arcade, I look at the clock and it's already noon.

RING! RING!

Justin is calling my phone, so I picked it up, obviously. "Yeah?" I asked.

"Let's go see this movie coming out. I purposely bought two tickets you know!" Justin said over the phone.

"Where?" I asked. "I'll send you the address." Replied. "Okay, I'll be there by 1 PM." I suggested as I stood up from my bed to take a shower. "Okay." He replied before hanging up.

Sigh... Should I apologize to Clara? I asked myself.

TO BE CONTINUED