101 : Stoneheart Origins Part 1

Y/N POV

I was so happy that we're finally moving to the most attractive tourist site in the whole world which is Paris and its a good thing that Mom finally got promoted in her job so she'll be doing double time in working as the Mayor's errands assistant.

And today marks the first day of being in Paris so I made sure to look neat and clean as I started making my way down to the kitchen.

"Hey,Mom."

I greeted sitting behind the counter while preparing my favourite breakfast.

"Morning,sleepyhead.

You sure are energetic today,for someone who just got up from bed."

Mom replied as I chuckled at her while downing my breakfast.

"Well,today's the first day of school and your 18th birthday.

So I got you this as a present since I might not be coming home for a while due to work."

Mom stated as I stared at her with a confused look watching her slide the gift to me while I hummed.

"Well,here's to hoping you'd get me that camera I've been asking for a while now."

I asked unwrapping the present and as I opened the lid a mask greeted my sight making me glance at my mother with a questioning look.

"Is this...?"

I pondered hoping I wasn't dreaming as Mom sat with a gentle smile painting her face and I can tell that she can't do the hero stuff anymore since she has to work in order to feed me.

"Yeah,since you said you wanted to help a lot of people in need I figured why not give you the Guardian Miraculous since its been passed down from generation to generation when the descendant reached the age of eighteen.

And you've been asking me for that camera so I figured maybe the mask will give you what you need because part of its ability is to change appearances based on how its holder would like it.

Go on,give it a try."

Mom stated as I gently grabbed the mask lifting it and it started changing into a camera that I've always wanted surprising me.

"WOW!

This is so cool!Thanks Mom,you're the best!"

I exclaimed checking the camera in all corners seeing it perfectly copy the original design of the camera as I glanced at Mom.

"So how do I transform into a hero?

And what powers and capabilities does it hold?"

I asked completely excited while my mother just chuckled at me as she stood and helped me.

"Its easier than you think,Y/N.

First,raise the object inches away from your face and watch it transform into a mask."