Yandere / Misunderstanding

You sat on the couch eating chocolate while you sketched in your book with the TV playing.
Jake came home and opened the door to see an ad playing on the TV, it was an ad for the local police to report crimes.
His eyes widened and he paled as he rushed over and turned the TV off.

"What do you think you're doing?" He growled as you stopped eating and looked up at him.

"W-What? I-I was just drawing." You muttered in confusion as he grabbed your wrist and dragged you to your room.
He threw you inside and slammed the door.
You felt tears in your eyes as you looked up at the locked door.
You stood up and bashed on the door.

"Jake! Please I don't understand!" You shouted as tears streamed down your face.
You walked back and sit on your bed as you cried.
Suddenly the door opened and you looked up noticing it was Steven.

"I don't know what I did wrong. I'm sorry." You cried out as Steven rushed forward and hugged you.

"Oh, sweetheart. What happened?" Steven asked as you cried into his chest.

"I was drawing and watching TV and Jake came home angry and he dragged me to my room and locked me in." You cried out as Steven looked into the mirror in front of him.

"She was watching an ad on TV for the local police! She was trying to escape!" Jake shouted as Steven looked at him then back to you.

"Jake was angry because apparently there was an ad on TV on how to contact the local police and he thought you were writing it down." He said as you looked at him in confusion.

"W-What? No I was sketching in my book, I didn't even see the TV." You replied as Steven brushed a piece of hair out of your face.

"Oh, baby. Jake must've misunderstood it all. I'll talk to him, okay? Can you stop crying for me, darling?" He asked as you nodded and wiped away your tears.

"I didn't mean to upset him." You whispered as Steven offered you a soft smile.

"I know, sweetheart. You've done nothing wrong. You want some lunch, baby? And you can show me what you were drawing. Does that sound good?" He asked as you smiled a little and nodded.

"Yes, please." You replied before Steven helped you stand up.

"I'll make your favourite, love."