Marc / Silence

Marc was walking home one night after he had been out on a mission with Khonshu, it was late at night and there were barely any people around.
He saw an older man with a young lady walking along, he didn’t think anything of it until the older man shoved you against the wall.

“This is ridiculous!” The man shouted, he continued to shout but Marc couldn’t make out what was being said.
He ran up and pulled the man away from you.

“Back off!” He shouted as the man stumbled away from you. Suddenly he pulled out a gun and pointed it at Marc.

“I suggest you mind your own business, sir.” He growled as Marc narrowed his eyes at him.
Marc quickly moved forward with expert precision and quickly grabbed the gun before shooting the man in the chest.
He expected a scream from you but he looked at you to see you crying and hyperventilating.

“Shit, hey it’s okay. Let’s get you out of here.” He muttered as you looked at him in fear.
You kept shaking your head and crying.

“Unless you want to go to prison you will fucking come with me!” He shouted as you flinch and nodded, he grabbed your hand and dragged you along the streets.
You continued to cry when Marc finally got you into the elevator of his building.

“Who was he?” He asked as you looked at him in fear.

“You can tell me.” He said before you shook your head and pointed to your throat.

“What do you mean?” He muttered before he heard a booming voice in his head.

“She is mute you idiot!” Khonshu said making Marc roll his eyes.

“You’re mute, okay that explains it. Can you sign?” He asked as you nodded and signed ‘father’ to him.

“He was your father… Okay, thank you.” He replied as you nodded a little, the elevator opened and you took you into his apartment.

“She’s terrified.” Khonshu said causing Marc to groan in annoyance.

“No shit.” He grumbled before grabbing a glass of water for you.

"Fuck, I made a big mistake didn't I?" He muttered as you looked at him and nodded.

"I'm sorry... I just saw what he was doing and I snapped." He muttered before he stood up and grabbed a pen and paper.

"What's your name?" He asked as you wrote it down for him.

"Did your father hurt you a lot?" Marc asked as you paused for a moment before nodding a little.

"We'll, figure this out. But, you can't leave here, okay?" He said as you looked at him in fear.
You started to scribble on the piece of paper he gave you.
'I want to leave.'

"I know, but if you leave the police will come after you. If you stay here I can protect you, you don't want them to take you away do you? Prison is a lot worse than what your father put you through." He threatened as you felt years in your eyes.

"Nod your head if you understand, Y/N." He said, looking into your eyes as you nooded a little.

"Good girl."

--

Marc thought you would've fought more against him, but he realised that your father had unintentionally taught you to adapt to any situation, especially when it involved someone with more power over you.
Marc had found it pretty easy to keep you on his side, after all you'd never had affection or even contact with anyone other than your father.
Marc liked how much you enjoyed his affection or got excited when he came back home.
You laid your head on his lap while you watched TV, maybe it was twisted but Marc liked the fact that you were broken.
He loved that you relied on his for everything, he yearned for someone to take care of (other than Steven) and now he finally had it.
And it wasn't going to change anytime soon.