Insomnia

"You're falling asleep." You whispered turning to Marc who was slowly falling asleep.

"No. I wasn't falling asleep... I was just...closing my eyes for a bit." He said as you chuckled.

"You're a liar." He responded as you leant against him.

"You promised you'd stay up and watch this movie with me." You replied as he sighed.

"I know, but I'm an old man and you have insomnia... Not saying that's a good thing but it certainly helps in this race." He said chuckling a little as you shook your head and smiled.

"Fine, you can go to sleep. But, only if I can lay on you while I watch the movie." You said as he laughed again.

"Sold." He replied before moving so he was lying on the couch, you laid on top of him with your head on his chest as he gently played with your hair.

Eventually his hand stopped and you heard his soft snores making you chuckle quietly.

--

Marc woke up the next morning hearing you cooking in the kitchen, he came over to you and smiled a little.

"No luck?" He asked as you shook your head.

"It's not fair... I'm so tired." You whispered he could see you were starting to get upset and frustrated.

Marc ran his hand over your hair.

"I know you don't like it but I think we need to use the sedatives." He said as you turned around and hugged him.

"But... I don't like the way it makes me feel." You muttered as he held you tightly.

"I know, love. But, it's just something we have to do. How about we do plenty of things today, try and get you tired and then we'll try the pills tonight as well?" He suggested, pulling away to move your hair out of your face.

"Okay... Only if we go shopping and you buy me things." You said making him chuckle.

"You've got it, darling."