Moon Dads

You got home from school and threw your bag down.

"Por el amor de Dios. Y/N, pick up your bag." Jake scolded as you grabbed it and threw it into your room.

"Hey, what's with the attitude?" He asked as you looked at him.

"I'm not going back to school! It fucking sucks!" You shouted as Jake's eyes widened.

"Y/N! Enough!" Jake said as you began to cry.

"First of all, I asked you to clean your room before school which you didn't do and now you come home swearing at me? Go to your room until dinner!" He shouted as you stood your ground.
Jake grabbed your arm and shoved you towards your room, causing you to trip and hit of your head on the side of the table.
You fell to the ground and groaned in pain.

"Daddy?" You muttered as Jake looked down to see your head bleeding.
His eyes widened and Steven quickly took control.

"Y/N! Oh god baby!" He shouted and knelt down.
He slowly moved your hand away from the wound.

"Show daddy, sweetheart." He whispered as he saw the big gash.

"Oh gods, okay baby. I'm going to take you to hospital alright?" He said as he picked you up.

"No, no I don't want to." You cried out as Steven grabbed his phone and shoes and got out the door.

"I know, baby. But, I'll be there with you. We just gotta get you a few stitches." Steven said as he rushed down to the garage.
He got you into the passenger seat and strapped you in before starting the car.

"The hospital scares me." You muttered as Steven rested his hand on your knee.

"I know, sweetheart. It's going to be okay. I'm going to stay with you." He said as you cried and nodded.
He finally made it to the hospital and carried you inside to the emergency.
Thankfully they could see the extent of your wound and took you in straight away.
You sat on one of the hospital beds while the doctor looked at the wound.
You held tightly onto Steven's hand.

"How did this happen?" The doctor asked as Steven watched nervously.

"Just an accidental trip and she fell onto a coffee table." Steven replied as the doctor nodded.

"It's definitely going to need stitches but it should be an easy fix." The doctor replied as Steven sighed in relief.

"I'm scared." You whispered, squeezing Steven's hand tightly.

"I know, sweetheart. But, it won't take long and once we're done we'll go out and buy a teddy. How does that sound?" Steven said as your face lit up and you nodded a little.

--

Finally everything was done and your head was stitched up.
You were on the way home with a new teddy clucthed to your chest making Steven smile softly.

"Thank you, daddy." You said making Steven chuckle softly.

"You're welcome, darling. You deserve it after being such a good girl."