Father Arthur

On your 16th birthday your father discovered something.

Your scales weren't balanced.

If you were anyone else you would've been killed, but he couldn't let you go.

So, he tried everything he could to balance your scales.

That meant he locked you away ever since he found out.

But, even after three years of being locked away it still didn't balance your scales.

So, he did something unthinkable that was sure to change something.

He came into your room one day and you leapt up and hugged him tightly.

"Hello, sweetheart. I missed you." He said, finally returning after a long mission.

"I missed you too! Did you bring anything back for me?" You asked excitedly as he held your face in his hand.

"In a way... You know I love you very much, and I would do anything to keep you safe." He said as you smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Father." You replied, he leant in and kissed your forehead.

"I hope you can understand all if this one day." He whispered as two men ran into your room and grabbed you.

"Father!? What's happening!?" You screamed in fear as they dragged you down the hallway, Arthur closely behind.

"Be gentle with her." He said to the men as they dragged you down into the basement.

"Father! Please, I'm scared!" You screamed as you cried and tried to break free.

They slammed you onto a table and strapped you down as you sobbed.

"Father!" You screamed as Arthur came over and ran his hand through your hair.

"Shh, little one. It's going to be okay. You just need to trust me, okay?" He said as you continued to cry but nodded a little.

"It will hurt... But, only for a little while." He whispered as you kept your eyes on your father.

Suddenly you felt a sharp pain in your arm.

You looked over to see someone injecting a needle into you.

Arthur continued to comfort you as you slowly fell unconscious.

"This will work..."

--

You had no idea how much time had passed, you could tell the feeling of your own bed.

You tried to open your eyes but you couldn't, you reached up to feel bandages around your eyes.

"Father!" You screamed out as loud as you could.

You heard your door open before feeling your father's hands grab yours.

"It's okay, it's alright, sweetheart. I'm right here." He said as you began to cry.

"What's happening?" You asked through your sobs.

"It worked, my darling. Your scales finally balanced." He whispered, squeezing your hand lightly.

"But... What did you do?" You whispered as Arthur looked at you and smiled sadly.

"I took your eye sight... I know this seems so cruel, my daughter. But, it was the only way to save you." He said as you cried even more, Arthur moved onto your bed and let you cuddle into him as you cried.

"I know, my child. But, I'm here to help every step of the way." He whispered while holding you.

Eventually you fell asleep in your father's arms, being so tired from crying and pain.