Chapter 210

Still laying there on day three, all I could really do was doze off, but after having more than one nightmare, I didn't fall asleep again. Still plagued by it, seeing them all die, but the last time, there was something new. I was hit by the same dark attack, the ground covered in a red glow. I just put it down to the nightmares getting worse.

The only time I would get peace was waiting for Tigra to settle beside me, curled next to me, her back against my side, but tonight I couldn't fall asleep.

I could feel her gentle breathing, her calmness, and how relaxed she was even while working hard to help Desvulp locate their king, but Elder Audun had yet to say anything about it. Link being recovered more, said he would have a crack at it tomorrow, good luck with that, he didn't seem like the type who knew anything, perhaps.

"Hmmm." I really started to think, if I could get to him, was there a possibility my clairvoyance could see something, but Tigra would never let me leave this room until I was healed... I could escape, wouldn't be hard, just knock the guard at the window out. I sighed she would really be angry with me then.

"Master please rest." I heard Mila. "During sleep is the best time I can heal you."

"Alright," I nodded, staring in the direction of the ceiling, sure I couldn't see but I was laying on my back, the only place I could look. My mind flashed, seeing something falling down, a gleam of a blade.

I rolled over, grabbing hold of Tigra as I forced my way away from the bed. Twisting round, I placed a sleepy Tigra behind me as she'd been woken up.

"Alex." She crumbled.

I faced towards the bed, wind blowing around me, sensing around the room, to see someone was on the bed, with a short sword stabbed into the mattress.

I held my hands out. "Raziel, Arata." My twin swords came to me, resting in my hands. The lions stood by my side as I sensed them both.

"Looks like you still have some life in you after Scorlax attacked." It was a female lupin, Hashana. Her entire body was shrouded in a dark aura. "I was hoping to take you out, but I guess I'll just have to fight you."

"No." Tigra was distraught.

Hashana lashed out at me, with the guidance of the wind, I felt the flow of her attack, the way she was moving, was crystal clear. I dodged then sliced upwards, catching her along her right side. She backed off, almost startled.

"Interesting," she snarled. "But can you handle this." From the hole in the ceiling came a pack of six wolves, each with a dark aura emitting from a crystal upon their forehead.

"I am not alone," I said, standing strong, sending out a message to the others through Larana. In a matter of seconds, the door to the room was barged open, Zack, Link and Dash were there.

"What a bother," snorted Hashana. "I was only here to assassinate you, not really in the mood for a long-drawn-out fight, but considering you are all still weakened from the fight with Scorlax, you'd be easy pickings."

"I don't think so." Tigra stepped forward.

"Your highness." Link, Dash and Zack all responded to her actions.

I put up my hand, signalling them to back away, without my sight I was able to sense Tigra release her power before the others could see it. She was angry.

"And what is her highness going to do." Hashana laughed. She had no idea how powerful Tigra was, not many Animalia knew really, she was always top of the class, but also enjoyed passing her limits with her training, considering one day she would be put in charge of her own knights to command, preparing her leadership skills for when she would be queen.

"My warriors have been through enough from you." The sound of lightning could be heard from outside, her energy attracts storm clouds, the clapping thunder. I sensed sparks of energy coming off her body. "Fang will get to you when he is ready, so wait your turn to be relinquished from this world." Lightning shot off her body, sparking across the room, some had already struck her wolves.

Hashana backed away a little. "Not completely useless, you will still be useful for our master's future plans." She stood still. "But I can't leave empty handed." Hashana dashed forward, holding tightly to her sword, her pack coming from behind.

"Raziel, Arata." I called their names, they jumped into action. Moving around Tigra, both of them taking out two of the wolves. Dash came in next, knocking down a third. Zack threw a few daggers, catching the fourth, fifth wolves, along with Hashana and Link quickly took out the last wolf.

"Damn." She cursed, jumping away from us. "Not enough space in here." Hashana raised her hands. "Perhaps I have taken on more than I can handle, next time you won't survive." She released a large amount of dark energy. I sheathed Arata and grabbed hold of Tigra, pulling her in and facing my back against the darkness.

I felt the energy push against my back, almost taking my breath away in my weakened state, but I would not let Tigra come in to contact with that much dark energy.

"Alex." She said my name surprised.

"It's okay." I reassured. It only lasted a few minutes but when it had subsided Hashana was gone and so was her pack. "Dang it." My legs buckled, Tigra holding me up.

"I've got you," she was reassuring me now.

Zack came over, helping me. "That was intense."

"Put him in my bed," ordered Tigra.

"Yes, your highness." Zack helped me over, laying me down. "You alright?"

"Fine," I responded.

"Everyone get back to recovering I need you guys strong again," said Tigra. "I will watch over Fang."

"But your highness." They were all reluctant to leave her.

"That is an order!" She raised her voice. "I expect everyone to be on duty tomorrow, we have a king to find and a city to restore harmony to." She was adamant, giving them no choice.

"Yes, your highness." And they left the room. Listening to their footsteps disappear down the hallway, doors opening and shutting.

"Alex." I felt Tigra suddenly hugging me. "Are you alright?"

I chuckled a little. "You worry too much." I rubbed her head. "I am fine Tigra, now get some sleep."

"But I have to guard you," she responded.

"She won't be coming back, plus." I pointed in the direction of Arata and Raziel. "They'll keep watch."

"Oh." There was embarrassment in her voice, had she forgotten about them.

"Sure, you don't want alone time with your mate," remarked Arata.

Tigra let out a cry, even more embarrassed. It wasn't like my talismans didn't know our relationship status or anything, they were always there really, which was slightly unsettling.

"Sleep master and master's mate," teased Raziel.

"Not you too." I shook my head, then grabbed hold of Tigra, whispering in her ear. "Time to get some sleep Tigra, everything will be fine in the morning."

"Alright." She nodded, turning her back to me. I rolled over to continue holding her in my arms. Breathing in her scent we both fell asleep.