Chapter 213

It wasn't long before we were walking back in to Desvulp, there were hardly any Zerda around at the outskirts of the city, was something going on, it was usually busy throughout the city and from what Tigra had told me, they had all taken from my example and had been trying to repair their homes even without my help.

"I don't like this," said Link. "I can sense something dark."

"Dark." I glanced in his direction, then picked up the mist of darkness coming from the heart of the city. "Zack." I sent him a signal through the wind.

"Fang, where are you?" Was his first question.

"We've only just return to the city, we have King Kahli," I answered.

"Better hurry up, we have an unwanted guest," he responded.

"Pick up the pace," I ordered. "Zack seems to be on edge."

We quickened our pace to reach the heart of the city, where I sensed more of the residents of Desvulp, the darkness was getting a little thicker, as if it was only just starting the spread. I wouldn't let this city fall to the same influence as Cathopia.

I heard a booming voice before we had arrived. "Do not worry citizens of Desvulp. I have been sent by King Alton to become your new ruler in the absence of your king, along with my beautiful bride to be." I knew that voice, it was Dumah. He stood at the fountain, acting as if he was on an envoy from King Alton.

"Dad." I called his name on the wind.

"You don't usually call while on a mission." He seemed surprised to hear from me.

"Have you seen Dumah?" I asked.

"No, not since yesterday, why?"

"He's here in Desvulp, claiming King Alton sent him," I answered, surprised Dumah had made it here from Cathopia so fast, perhaps he had Valli's help.

"Desvulp is solely Princess Tigra's choice to deal with, she personally asked Alton to go there," mentioned dad. "He would have never sent Dumah."

"He is also sprouting ruling with Tigra," I added, quite annoyed.

"You're not ready to purify his strong energy, but if a fight ensues you must only wound his pride," said dad. "A Leo's pride is everything, even to him."

"Got it."

"I'll also be informing Alton about this," said Dad sounding flustered suddenly.

"Everything alright dad?" I asked.

"Fine, just in a meeting, so got to go," responded dad. "Good luck Alex, don't do anything rash." And he cut the connection.

"Come here my sweet Tigra." I heard Dumah and every hair on my body stood on end.

"Dumah!" I strode over, sensing his grip on Tigra's wrist.

"Oh, Fang, you're back, just in time for me to become king here," said Dumah slyly.

"I think you're mistaken, for we have brought back King Kahli alive," I said. Raziel came passed me with King Kahli still unconscious.

"How can he lead a kingdom?" he asked. "A weak king is no king and a blind Guardian is no Guardian."

"I am captain of Princess Tigra's Guardians," I said, blowing a burst of wind at him, knocking him away from Tigra. She rushed over to me. "According to resources you were never sent by King Alton, just came here for some attention, perhaps to seize control over Desvulp with no king."

"What resources, you know no one here and have been absent from the city," he responded.

"Are you alright." I glanced in Tigra's direction.

"I'm fine, just wish this creep would stop showing up," she commented.

"Stand between Link and Dash please," I said. Without a word she moved towards them.

"Fang!" snarled Dumah, sending out a burst of fire at me.

"Oh, so that's how you want to play this," I hissed.

"Master Yamato said not to do anything rash," warned Larana. "He'll be faster than Scorlax, reading the wind like you are to see will not be enough."

"I've got this," I mumbled. "I don't actually have to beat him."

Dumah came over, stopping right in front of me, he held the keen expression he wanted to kill me. I sensed his tail twitching, was he waiting for me to start something first, while I was waiting for him to show those around us his true colours. I always liked teasing him.

"Fang," said Tigra. "Not here."

"Very well your highness," I answered.

"Our main priority is to King Kahli," said Tigra.

"Oh, which I expect you wanted him dead for your little plan to work here," I commented to Dumah. "Oh, how great it would be to take over this city of which the Leo's have never had a hold in Desvulp, they find your kind too noisy." I was trying to aggravate him further. "That's why you ran away to Cathopia, perhaps I can rule their instead. How is that working out for you?"

Dumah let out a low grumble, then grabbed hold of his sword, swinging the blazing talisman at me. I lifted my arm, encasing Mila's water around my arm like a vambrace. On contact his flames sizzled and steam rose.

"Damn you, Fang!" He roared the temperature rising, even more so for the desert.

"So angry," I joked, moving back a little as he swiped his claws. "Did you know anger disrupts talisman power."

"Did you know the darkness feeds on anger," snarled Dumah. "How about we take this somewhere with a little more room."

"I thought you'd never ask," I grinned, this would be fun.

"Fang." Tigra was alarmed, she'd told me not too, but I couldn't help myself. Dumah and I were always destined to clash, light and darkness could never mix. Mind saying that I wasn't sure where Link fell under, he controlled darkness, but swore loyalty to me.

"Tigra stay here with Link, Dash and Zack," I said. "Dumah and I are heading out for a little sparring match."

"Yes, a sparring match," grinned Dumah.

"Fang, no." Tigra disapproved. "You've only just got back and..."

Zack placed his hand on her shoulder. "Your highness, you must tend to King Kahli."

"But..." hesitation filled her voice.

"I'll be back within the hour," I smiled, wondering off with Dumah walking beside me. I could sense the dark aura around him already clashing with my light, our fight had already begun.