Chapter 214

Dumah and I had left Desvulp, walking in silence. I could sense his dark aura pushing against my light, it was obvious this close that I still did not possess the necessary power to purify his darkness.

I had learnt over time and understood why dad could do so little to destroy him. He may still be a Warrior of Fang, but it seemed one day I would become stronger than he, capable of banishing the darkness he could not.

"You going to tell me why you're here Dumah?" I questioned. "Away from the city, you have no reason to hide."

"Hide?" He gazed at me, then smirked. "I can no longer hide my intentions from you since your accursed awakening, but it was put off long enough for us to spread our darkness, even if you somehow managed to defeat us all, the darkness runs too deep now."

"We'll see about that," I hissed. "Now answer me, why are you here?" I stopped walking.

"Might as well tell you considering you won't be making it back to the city," he responded, walking a few meters away before stopping himself. "Scorlax informed me of a crystal cave he found, only Zerda can enter, so I came to claim this city under the name of King Alton with my bride, Princess Tigra and turn each and every one of them into my slaves, cultivating the crystal cave until nothing remains and finally plant dark crystals." He wanted to do the exact same as what happened to Link, the loss of more lives to the darkness, and he continued to brag about Tigra being his bride, she was mine now, he would never touch her.

"I won't let that happen, you will not repeat what happened to Link," I snapped back.

Dumah turned to face me. "Interesting how he managed to survive, perhaps he developed a resistance to it." Dumah drew Demori, fire instantly engulfing his body. He was more powerful than he was when we first fought. "Don't think you are the only one who has grown stronger. I am blessed every day with more of his power." I sensed him getting ready to attack. "Let's see if you can handle my new power."

The heat from his body burned the air around him. The energy so fierce I could easily track him. His speed had increased fuelled by fire and hatred towards me.

I drew Raziel and Arata readying for combat. Dumah leapt forward, his energy disappearing for a second and then he was at my side. I lifted Raziel quickly defending, his blade inches away, how'd he do that?

"Flame burst!" His sword burst into a blaze, all aimed and controlled in my direction. Instinctively I put up a barrier of water, but Dumah's fire sizzled and turned my barrier into steam.

I jumped away, redirecting the fire with Larana's wind to prevent myself from getting burned.

Just as I got away Dumah moved again right in my face. What was with this new power he seemed to possess, did he know I could only sense someone's energy and movement through Larana's wind. How was it possible to completely disperse one's entire body and energy.

"What's the matter Fang, gotten slow since your fight with Scorlax, fighting blind isn't easy." He brought down Demori in a blaze.

Raziel pounced at Dumah, snapping at his arm. Dumah quickly moved back as Raziel breathed out a blast of concentrated fire.

"Thanks Raziel," I said.

"Don't let him overwhelm you, focus," said Raziel. "How many times do I have to tell you that."

"Sorry." I tightened my grip, noticing Raziel's interference had disrupted his flow of attacks, so now it was my turn.

I dashed forward, flowing with the wind as I approached him, swiping left then right, sending out beams of fire and lightning, trying to break apart his stance before I got too close. Swiping a second time, then summoned Larana's wings.