Chapter 231

Raziel and Arata had unleashed more of their true power to save me from being consumed but what I would have called dark poison as it infected your very core rather than corrupting you over a period of time like Dumah had done to Alton.

Hashana was struggling to get a hold of them as they clawed and bit down at her back. Eventually Arata jumped off, then his body became lightning itself and he rammed into Hashana's belly, sending her shooting across the room. Raziel jumped off before she came into contact with the far wall, then shot towards her like a comet as a flaming fire ball.

I watched in disbelief, realising that I was the one holding them back, if they were this powerful, then why did they need me.

"Just because they are powerful, they cannot come forth without a master." I heard the dragon behind me. "The winged lions gifted with boundless power by the goddess herself, especially those descended from the god of lions." Another god? "Now stand with them, they still need you, they will always need you."

"Raziel and Arata." I leaned down picking up their swords, which glowed with the very power that they were releasing. I wondered for a moment if I would be able to handle this much of their power.

"Trust in their power as you always have," said the dragon. How did he know about us?

I grabbed their swords, feeling their power pulse up my arms, through my entire body relieving the darkness within me. I felt this great spark between our powers, my body glowing white with Raziel's power as he gave me everything, but Arata still held back, without both of them giving me their full strength I could not create the fused armour, but that was okay.

Arata's distrust ran deep, and I would gain that trust and hopefully discovered what secret kept him from distrusting others.

"Hashana!" I shouted as her third head disappeared to heal the wounds inflicted by Raziel and Arata, there was only shadow, and darkness left. Both were dangerous teamed up, but I knew what both were capable of.

I swiped down both swords, sending out more powerful version of their beam attacks, I'd used before, fire and lightning separate but crossed over to empower each other. I smiled sensing the power I could wield in this state, I understood why Dumah had wanted to prevent me from getting my hands on them, as they were they both carried the true power of the goddess passed down to each sacred animal.

Hashana unprepared was struck by my attack, a cross shape across her body. Raziel and Arata jumped away to come beside me where I could feel and even see the connection flowing between us, this feeling was amazing.

"You may have uncovered a portion of their true power, but this is not all the power the lions possess," said Hashana.

"I know that, but it'll be enough to deal with you," I responded.

"We'll see." Hashana held out her hands as two swords appeared within them, each imbued with the last two powers that she possessed. This was it.

I felt a strain on my body from the long dragged-out battle, but I could not lose here, my promise to Tigra coming to mind and my duty to destroy the darkness, to remove it from this world, to return balance to the goddess who grew forever weaker the longer my battle between light and darkness continued.

I was the first to make my move, both the twin lions swords sparking off the lion's represented elements, they felt more like fangs than swords. Hashana did not hesitate to counter-attack, both of us swinging at each other, letting off sparks of power across the room. I was surprised that Hashana had not used another head to heal the deep wounds I had inflicted, it didn't matter I just needed to keep going.

Hashana swiped both blades downwards, I moved back, twisting round to her left side, but she vanished within my shadow. My mind clear and my goal ahead of me, I saw her in coming attack as she came from right beneath my feet.