Chapter 237

At first light we headed off, Tigra was still half asleep, but we could not be late for the appointed time of meet up. Things between the two kingdoms were shaking and anything could tip it over the edge and create a war, taking all the attention away from the real enemy, those who carried the eternal dragon's darkness.

We left by foot, bringing along a few bags of things, each of us carried two each, me three as it was not proper for a princess to carry her own things, that was my job.

I noticed Tigra was uncomfortable, in one of her fancier dresses, with a full-on princess dress and shawl, her crown upon her head. She kept messing with it.

I sighed. "Leave it be your highness." I had entered character of loyal Guardian the moment I woke this morning, not wanting anyone to see me acting any differently, you never knew if there were spies watching out for any weakness to use against Alton as he sent out teams to look of the missing princess.

"I hate this thing," she grumbled.

"You'll be wearing a bigger one when your queen," commented Dash. Tigra turned back to glare at him.

Zack nudged him. "I told you already Dash, we all need to remain silent, only speak when spoken to, Fang is the only one who speaks for us."

"Really," moaned Dash.

I shook my head. "Only do what I tell you." Dash remained silent, nodding his head. I had five days to get everyone into a role that would make our visit to Anamothra an easy one, well I was hoping.

We discussed heavily on what could potentially happen there. On the way Link and I did the hunting and camping was luxury as we were given the royal tent to sleep in at night, it was huge on the inside, felt like I was back in the castle, with its strange entrance way, going into the open sitting room, enough bedrooms for all of us, in separate rooms. How the heck was this even possible.

"Magic," explained Tigra, throwing her tiara across the room.

"Your highness." I saved it by trapping it in a wind barrier.

"Do you really have to continue talking like that?" asked Tigra.

"Spies could be anywhere, dad said not to break character," I answered, knowing it was annoying that I was treating her differently. "Please Tigra." I gazed at her. She silently nodded as she sat down at the table. Link came over serving her dinner. I laughed internally; she was so fiery sometimes.

Zack and Dash were checking the area to make sure it was safe. I was not taking any chances of someone harming Tigra, she was my only priority. Arata sat beside Tigra, glancing at her before laying down, before we left, I had asked Arata to stay with Tigra, even in that form he was more than capable of watching over her, if I couldn't, they'd both proved that when they battled against Hashana. having to hang about until the escort arrived, she would pace about the tent, being in character I was unable to do anything to consol her, it was beginning to drive me crazy.

The five-day journey to the borders was silent, there was no sign of the darkness or any Animalia traveling the path dad had chosen for us, his skills as a warrior were amazing, he had calculated everything for the trip.

As we approached the border I could smell the change in the wind, the Avem Empire was more open, less trees, more mountain range, floating rocks. Anamothra based on the largest of these rocks, originally the top of one mountain, many others circling around it.

I noticed Tigra grew more nervous the closer we got, especially the day we arrived,

I watched her pacing the tent crown upon her head and beautiful dress, mumbling to herself, admiring her as I just watched.