Chapter 212

After recovering from my clairvoyance session with Elder Audun, which had worked far better than I had thought, thanks to some guidance from Fang, looks like he was handy after all. I had seen exactly where he taken King Kahli, but if he was still alive was another matter as the elder had wounded him before leaving him there with no food or water. I suspected it had been some time since then, perhaps it was too late, but we still needed to retrieve a body so the people could mourn the loss of their king, but I was still hopeful he was alive, wouldn't really know until we got there.

I was accompanied by Link and Dash leaving Desvulp the same route I had seen in my vision, sure I couldn't see a thing, but Larana was guiding me, our connection allowed her to know what I saw too.

Raziel walked closely beside me, he was on guard, wanting to keep me safe after the attack from yesterday. I think he was overreacting considering I had Link and Dash with me, and I very much doubted she would attack so soon after the injuries we had caused during her little assassination attempt.

After a short walk we came to the caverns, a large rock with many holes in it. I could sense all the cavern entrances and remembered exactly what I saw in my vision.

"Is it really safe in there?" asked Dash nervously.

"Empty caverns," I answered. Elder Audun used to play here when he was a child, since then most of the Animalia of Desvulp do not venture out this way, due to this rumour he started."

"What rumour?" asked Link curious.

"That it is home to giant scorpions." I let out a laugh. "We all know they aren't that scary."

"Which one do we go through?" asked Dash. "Bet it is even more of a mix match inside."

"It is a maze inside, just hope King Kahli hasn't strayed too far from where he was left." I lifted my hand, sending Larana's wind throughout all the caverns. "He entered through that one." I pointed to one on the far left. I let out a sigh, knowing this was going to be a pain.

Entering the caverns, the light bouncing off amber rocks, the walls all carved like smooth arches, obviously carved out by some great animal or talisman.

"A sacred animal," answered Larana picking up on my thoughts. "A great desert serpent used to call this cave home."

"Desert serpents," I repeated. "Any left?" I wondered out loud. "Oh sorry."

"It's alright," said Larana. "Unfortunately, they all suffered the same fate as most sacred animals, these caverns are most probably all that remains of their existence."

"I still can't get my head around it," I admitted.

"What are you talking about?" questioned Dash.

"It's nothing important," I responded, not wanting them to know the truth about the origins of talismans, sure they didn't use them, but it was hard enough for me to accept the fate that been forced upon them, especially after seeing Mila and Larana's memories and the suffering they endured during the process. I almost refused to use their power, which would have been worse off for them, perhaps even falling into a slumber from not being used.

"These caverns are impressive," commented Link. "Seems they were created by some ancient creature."

"This way." I kept walking, sensing all the tunnels around me with Larana, seeing the path Elder Audun had taken in my mind so clearly. I just hoped we were not too late to rescue the king.

Walking in silence so I could focus on the path we were taking. I heard comments from Dash and Link about it getting darker as we progressed, which was no surprise considering that these were caves.