Chapter 230

Hashana within her new form was faster and more powerful, wielding power over more than one element. I had used Larana's power to deal sufficient damage, only for her to heal the wounds I had inflicted but was missing one of the heads.

Knowing now exactly what it was I needed to do, I would have to fight more strategically, I didn't want to use all my power before this fight ended, it would leave me at a disadvantage and trying to keep the others safe and darkness from escaping would slowly eat away at my energy too.

"You can't keep protecting everything, Fang," snarled Hashana. She had stopped attacking and slowly began circling around me. "Shame your barriers are too powerful for me to escape or even harm those within this room, but the weaker you become so does your barriers, how long will you last."

"As long as I need too," I answered.

"Spoken like a true descendent of that insufferable pest," said Hashana.

"Knew him well then," I commented, having to remind myself that it was not Hashana speaking but a form of the eternal dragon passed down through the condensed dark crystal.

"I am sure you already know our history," she responded.

"Yeah, of how many times you lost to him," I taunted hoping to enrage him, but it seemed to have no effect.

"Shall we continue our little game." Hashana growled, lowing her body posture ready to pounce.

"This is no game," I responded as Hashana released short burst of elemental power, fire, water, lightning, wind, shadow and darkness. I thought the strength of her attacks would be the same as before, but they were stronger, how when one head was already gone; didn't the heads symbolise how much power she wielded in this form, obviously not.

I sent out waves of power from swiping Raziel and Arata, negating her attacks. I expected the attacks to end but it did not, a few of her attacks slip through catching me on my right arm, but so had mine, scorching her fur.

Hashana wasn't letting up, waiting for me to weaken as compared to her, I was swinging a pair of swords, I could feel my muscle tensing from the swinging motion. I quickly made the decision to up the power, fusing together all my elements to boost the strength with the use of less energy. Fire and lightning blasted through her attacks to then cause a massive hit to her body.

"Seems you still have a lot of power within, but how long will you last," snarled Hashana as I watched the head capable of water disappear and the wound just inflicted vanished.

Hashana pounced towards me, fangs bared, I dodge to the right, to be met by gnashing teeth, trying this again.

I dodged only slightly to avoid being hit but took this opening as an opportunity to strike back, she was almost making this too easy, she may have become more powerful, but she was still the same Hashana, making mistakes.

I supercharged Arata's blade, then struck her straight through the chest, the overflow of energy sparked around us both and off into multiple direction. I could feel my power penetrating within her, then I pulled back, giving it all with over charging Raziel's power next; again, the power from the winged lion of fire sparked out across the room, drastically increasing the temperature in the room.

Moving around Hashana's body collapsed to the ground, but I knew this would not be over until I had taken out all the heads.

I heard laughing. "You wield so much of his power, yet you hardly know it at all." Another head disappeared, the head of wind; the wounds vanished and Hashana stood once more, this time the body had taken a change also, it had shrunken slightly, more slender. Why was I getting the feeling this is what they wanted to happen, were the heads simply holding back Hashana's true power, if so, I would have trouble finishing this off, but all the heads needed to go if I was to end this.