01

Too late to think otherwise .

You must be wondering how it feels to have your own apartment and a car at the age of 21. . .?
To me it feels like experiencing  something new .
Since I bought myself a car I no longer have to take the bus to varsity.
Like most students do , it's part of learning how to be independent on your own,  manage to pay my college fees already. I just got a confirmation that I paid my college fees. Things are tense when you start providing for yourself especially when you do not have a back up .

I can manage to pay my house rent on Friday.
My head is spinning of not giving myself time to rest, working as a waitress for 5 months, I also do night shift and since then the restaurant is being paying me so well, I don't only provide for myself, I take care of myself.
I always dreamt to handle things on my own, without any help from my parents or any one.
My parents are also proud of me for being the person I have become after the therapy  happening .

No matter how I try to forget but I find myself thinking about my past and how happy I was.
Dating at the age of 17 was not a good idea.
I spent my whole life going to therapy for 3 years of my life, trying to forgive someone I hate, love but deeply hate so much for what they had done to me.
Heldan is one of those guys I hate , the only  guy who would only make me feel this way.

I stop and park my car on the bookstore. I lack in new books, I spend most of my spare time reading books or short stories if it might be .
It is winter season and New York is not a place where you could take a cold by yourself if you know what I mean .

I quickly hiss in cold and come scurrying to my car, I start the keys  and drive myself on my way home .

It is entirely a traffic on the lane. What sometimes pester me is that New York doesn't have stop posters, because I mean it is never easy for me when driving. Cars won't mind to hit a innocent person.

I'm sure I'm not alone in these .

*Happy birthday my lovely daughter you finally 21 .*

Mom text me a message. She always does these. I know it is my birthday but I'm not that excited for these day, I just want to arrive home and grab a blanket with some hot coffee besides me while i read a book.

*Thanks mom, I love you *

I replie back to her text.

I know that if I did not bother myself to answer it, it would create disarray where she is right now, I can narrowly think of my dad handling the crazy stress that my mom always gives him .

Sometimes I wonder that what made dad to handle my mother's craziness and her nagging all the time whenever she wanted to?

I also pray not to be a problem, because I know what men says that we talk too much .

I don't  disagree, but they push us to .

Now it's  heaping so hard and I am still in traffic , still not moving  by a chance. I'm so weary right now. I take out my phone and put on some ear plugs on my ears and play some music on Spotify, I enjoy listening to Michael Jackson songs I'm afraid to say I'm a fan. . . . but he is the first artist that I listen to when I wake up and when I go to  sleep.

Well who else out there in the 2000s still listen to the king of pop ?

I go to my Instagram socials and look at pictures of my followers , I don't know why I'm too bored into this car, but I continue to scroll on reels and photos and think it is going to keep me little distracted , but I scroll up to someone I know, I wish that I am dreaming but I am not . It's him ,He is still handsome and still in his afro curled hair. Like always.