Chapter two "Audrey is in the past"

Dani and I ended up taking a bunch of pictures with Ed's polaroid. The one he took of us with our backs turned, came out amazing.

We played uno and some other card games, we listened to music and we ate everything we've brought. Once it was time to go back, I was worried about Dani, I didn't know that she couldn't take the heat and I didn't want her to feel bad again.

"Babe, will you be okay going back?" She smiled softly at me.

"You don't need to worry about me Cam, I'll be fine." She lightly caressed my cheek and I helped my friends, gather our things. I didn't let Dani do anything.

We started walking back, hand in hand and I kept stealing glances at her.

"D-Dog, are you okay?" Ed yelled, earning a chuckle from all of us.

"I'm fine." She smiled. We got to the car, she turned on the Ac, put on some music and stared driving. Her hand was on my thigh and I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

"Baby." She pecked my lips. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in the car and she was standing by my side. "We are home." I gave her a small smile and she helped me out of the car. I said goodbye to my friends and we got in the house.

"Did you have fun today baby?"

"I did, it was great." She pecked my lips. "What about you?"

"I always have fun when I'm with you."

"Aw cute, but again, too cheesy cam." I smiled. "Wanna go take a nap?"

"I think we should shower first."

"Yeah, that would be a good idea."

We took a warm shower together and then laid in bed to take a nap. I fell asleep as soon as I laid my head on the pillow.

Dani's POV

As we were walking towards the lake earlier today, I started feeling a little dizzy. I was sweating a lot and the sun felt unbearable. I tried to hide it for as long as I could, because I didn't want to worry everyone, but at some point, I had to stop.

Cam seemed to be really worried.

I decided to tell Iz and Ed about my ex. I didn't get into details, but I wanted to give them an explanation as to why I was acting that way.

The picnic was a lot of fun and Ed and Iz are fun. Thankfully on the way back, I was fine. Cam fell asleep in the car and she looked adorable. Once we got home, we took a shower and laid in bed. She fell asleep immediately, while I struggled getting comfortable.

After half an hour of rolling around, I decided to get out of bed. I went in the kitchen and cleaned out the picnic basket. Once I was done, I took it upstairs.

As I opened the door to the upper floor, I turned on the lights and looked around. This part of the house was exactly how my parents had left it. I didn't bother changing it, since I didn't need it, the ground floor was big enough for one person.

I walked in the storage room and put the basket in it.

The upper floor had two bedrooms, a smaller living room, a bathroom, a storage room and a room that had an in-house library. It had bookshelves going from the floor to the ceiling and they were filled with books, it used to have furniture in it as well, but I gave them away. Now there were more books on the floor instead.

I should probably clean it and organize it at some point, but I don't have the energy for that. It is a lot of work. When my parents lived here, they had the book organized by genre, but when they moved, they took most of them with them and when I filled the selves with my books I didn't put them in order.