Chapter thirteen "Going back home"

We spend the rest of our days on the island relaxing and having fun. One day we went on a pool party that started around 14.00 and kept going all night long. After that, we spent the other two days relaxing at the beach. We went out for drinks with Maria again.

Turns out her husband is from the US, the met when he came to work at the same hotel she was working. They fell in love and he decided to move here to be with her. They've been together for I think she said 10 years. They are married and have a little girl, Athena.

It was time for Dani and me to leave the island. We were riding on the donkeys and we were sweating our ass off.

"Dani, how are you?"

"I'm good princess." She smiled.

When we finally got to the car, I didn't let her put the suitcases in. She sat in the driver's seat as I loaded them.

"You know, you don't have to lie to me, right?" I said, getting in. She gave me a half smile. "Our next trip is going to be somewhere cold so that I don't have to worry about your well-being." I said playfully and she rolled her eyes with a smile.

"You don't have to worry, I'm not going to die."

"Yeah, you are just going to pass out." She rolled her eyes again and drove us to the airport. We left the car at the company's parking lot and went to check in our bags. I went through security with Dani holding my hand for most of the time.

The flight to Athens was good and quick. We went to the hotel and this time the receptionist didn't say anything about the beds. We slept until the next day. We were both exhausted and had a big flight ahead of us.

The flight home was absolutely terrible. It had so much turbulence that I ended up getting dizzy and almost throwing up. Dani held me in a tight hug for the entire flight and after giving me a motion sickness pill, I fell asleep.

I woke up as we landed at New York, but Dani didn't let me carry anything. She carried our bags and after baggage claim she carried the suitcases as well. We had six hours until our flight back home. The initial plan was to spend it sitting around in the airport.

"Come on, our cab is waiting."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I booked us a room."

"But it's only four hours until we have to check in our luggage Dani."

"I know, but you are tired and had a bad flight. What if the next one is the same? Let's go get some rest, both of us." I nodded and followed her. The cab took us to a hotel nearby and as soon as we checked in and got in the room, we dropped on the bed. We set two alarms and fell asleep immediately.

We woke up just in time to get to the airport.

The flight home was just as bad. It was an hour of torture.

When we got off the plane, the weather was awful, so much rain and wind. Thankfully, my dad was picking us up from the airport, as he was returning from a business trip himself and he had left his car in the airport's parking lot.

He took us to Dani's house. We carried the suitcases inside and decided to cuddle on the couch.

"Are you ready for college?" She asked excited.

"Yes, I'm so excited. Just one more week."

"One more week until work starts." She pouted.

"Are you going with the bitchy teacher attitude this year?" I chuckled and she shook her head no, smiling.