Chapter twenty-three "Date night"

Cam's POV

When I got in the car with my dad, he turned to look at me. I was upset with him, and I knew he hated it.

"I don't like how you talk to Danielle."

"I don't like how Danielle treats you sometimes."

"Yes but..."

"Let me finish." He shushed me. "But, I understand that her past relationship has traumatized her. I talked with her and her parents and realized that she cares about you deeply, and I'm almost sure that she's going to do her best not to hurt you again."

"I'm going out with her tonight." He nodded.

"Sweetie, all I want is for you to be happy. I know that when mum passed, I bailed on you, and I regret it, I put my job over you, and that was stupid. I love you monkey, I'm really sorry I've been a crappy dad."

It felt good to hear him apologize.

When we got home, I took a shower and chilled on my bed until it was time to start getting ready.

I wanted to wear a cropped shirt, but looking at my stomach, I decided against it.

I roamed through my closet. I had nothing to wear. Dani would be dressed as a model, and I didn't want to look like a child. I wasn't sure if I wanted a more feminine or masculine look.

I picked out a white dress I had bought a little after Dani and I broke up. I haven't worn it yet. It was too fancy.

I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked so fucking hot. I wore a pair of matching heels and styled my hair. It was out of my comfort zone, but I was going to look so good next to Dani.

I have both feminine and masculine clothes, my style usually depends on my mood, but I don't wear dresses and heels often.

I waited anxiously for Dani. The bell rang and I almost tripped going down the stairs.

I opened the door and faced Danielle. She was holding flowers and a box of chocolates.

"Camilla." Her mouth dropped. Her eyes traveled on my body multiple times. "You are... wow." I smiled. "I-I got these f-for you." She stuttered.

"Thank you baby, but you didn't have to." I took the flowers and chocolates. "Give me a second to put them in water." She nodded.

I rushed to the kitchen and filled up a vase with water, placing the flowers in. I put the box of chocolates next to it and took a photo, before going back to Danielle.

Now that she wasn't holding the flowers, I could finally see her dress. She was wearing a long black tight dress.

"You look so hot, love." She smiled and we kissed.

"Called the driver for tonight." We held hands and walked to the car.

He opened the doors for us. As he started driving, I placed my hand on top of hers and she intertwined her fingers with mine."

She turned to look at me with a smile. I placed my hand on her jaw and leaned in and gently kissed her.

"You need to stop smiling so I can kiss you." Her smile grew wider.

"I can't." I pulled away and caressed her cheek.

The driver pulled up to a place that looked really fancy. He opened the doors of the car and we got out. Dani helped me fix my dress. She let her hand linger on my exposed skin. Our eyes met and she gave me a lustful look.

"Maybe we should skip dinner." I winked and she chuckled.

"Trust me, you don't want to miss this." We held hands and walked in. "I have a reservation under the surname Miller."