Chapter twelve "Greece pt.2"

We woke up the next morning and ate breakfast at the hotel. We then wore our swimsuits and decided to walk to the parking lot. It was the worst decision we’ve ever made.

“I feel sick.” Dani whined as we walked up the hill. “How high is the temperature?”

“38⁰”

“Jesus.”

We stopped at a shade and I made her sit down. Once we cooled down a little, we kept going and finally made it to the parking lot.

We drove to the beach, it wasn’t far. The water was warm and calm and everything just looked so beautiful.  

We spent the day at the beach and went home at around 3.3 in the afternoon. We took a shower and realized that we were both sunburned. We decided to take a nap and then go out to eat.

We ended up sleeping for 2 hours. Once we got up, we got dressed and went to a different restaurant to eat. It was slightly cheaper.

The food was to die for and the atmosphere was just great, it almost made you forget how hot it was. I felt bad that Dani was paying for everything, but she wouldn’t even let me take my wallet out.

After our meal we decided to go for a drink. We picked the bar that Maria from the hotel suggested us.

We got in and ordered two cocktails. The waiter brought them with two shots.

“We didn’t order these.”

“They are from the girl over there.” He pointed at a group of girls. I looked at Dani confused and after a few seconds, I saw Maria waving at us.

“It’s the girl from the hotel reception.”

“Oh.”

“She’s really nice,  we talked yesterday.”

“We should go thank her.” We drank the shots and walked up to them.

“Camilla hi.”

“Hey, wasn’t expecting to see you here.”

“Oh yeah, it’s girls night and this is the best bar in town.”

“Cool.”

“Girls, this is Camilla and her girlfriend…”

“Danielle.”

“They are staying at the hotel.”

The girls greeted us and introduced themselves. They looked really nice and friendly.

“You can sit with us, unless you want to be alone.” She winked and we chuckled.

“We wouldn’t want to bother you.” Dani said shyly.

“You are not bothering.”

Even though they were Greek, they spent most of the night speaking English with us. They got us some tsipouro shots that almost sent us to high heaven.

“So, what do you do for a living?”

“I’m a teacher.”

“Oh wow, you are so young for a teacher.”  Dani smiled.

“And hot.” Another girl commented.

“And you, Cam?”

“I’m in uni.”

“Wait, so how old are you?”

“I’m 20 and Dani is 25.”

“Are you two going to get married?” One of the other girls said, she was clearly tipsy. “Or is it not legal?”