Chapter three "Parents' house"

Cam’s POV

I haven’t seen Dani for five days since the day after the picnic. My dad wanted us to spend some time together, since he was gone for quite a long time. I took him on bike rides,  we went to the movies, shopping, we even went to the beach twice.

Today, he had some work to do so I called Dani and we arranged to meet at her house. I got on my bike and drove there.

“Hello princess.”

“Hey Dani, how are you?”

“I’m good, did you have fun with your dad?”

“Yes, it was great.” We sat at her couch.

“Pride is this week.”

“Oh yeah, in two days, on Saturday.”

“Yep. We should go.”

“Dani, I’d love too, but I don’t think it would be a good idea.”

“We don’t have to go to this town’s pride.” She smirked.

“You have something in mind.”

“Indeed.” I rolled my eyes at her choice of words. “We can go at my parents’ and go to the pride there, it’s also this Saturday.”

“Sounds good.” I smiled and we kissed. “When are we leaving?”

“When do you want? We can leave tomorrow, or today.”

“How about we pack and leave today?” She smiled and we got up form the couch. I pulled her into a hug. “I’m excited.”

“Me too.”

“I’ll go home and pack and I’ll call you.”

“Okay love.” I drove home, told my dad and started packing. Thank got it’s summer and I only need light clothes.

It took me about to forty minutes to pack everything. I also got my backpack and put in my charger and some stuff for pride. Once I was done, I called Dani to come pick me up. She said that she needed another ten minutes.

“Monkey, please be careful at pride okay?”

“Of course dad, it’s not my first time.”

“I know, but you don’t know the area. I trust that Danielle will do anything to keep you safe, but still…” I smiled and nodded.

“I’ll be careful.”

I discussed the details with him, until Dani rang the bell.

“Hey babe.”

“Ready?”

“Yep.” I smiled.

“Bye Mr. Thompson.”

“Bye Danielle, bye monkey. Have fun.” They waved at each other, and Dani helped put my suitcase in her car.

“You haven’t eaten, have you?” She asked as she pulled out of my driveway.

“Nope, not making that mistake again.”

“Good, we don’t need you getting sick, love.”

I put on some music and we sang along. At some point, I started looking out the window and silence followed.

“Just a heads up, pride might be a little awkward.”

“Why?”

“When I was with my ex, I was staying there, and we had quite a wide circle of queer friends.”