Chapter twenty "At home"

Cam's POV

Dani and I were back together, but this time, I was cautious.

When Emma showed me the footage from the waiting room, it broke my heart. You could see how hurt and distressed she was. And then once I woke up, she stood there and let me yell at her.

My dad told me that he yelled at her, too, earlier.

It couldn't have been easy for her.

As for my near death experience... well, I'm glad Audrey got caught, and I survived. The wounds hurt a lot, and it's hard to move around.

I just want to go back to normal, and I want Dani and I to finally have a healthy relationship. I'm glad that she started seeing a therapist, which could only be a step in the right direction.

Dani's POV

It was time for Cam to leave the hospital. She was so excited to be going home, and so was I.

The nurses helped her in a wheelchair and I took her bags.

"Danielle, let me help you with these."

"Thank you, Mr. Thompson."

"You can call me Steve. He smiled.

I rushed before them and brought the car in front of the hospital entrance.

Once they arrived, the nurses helped her up and into the back seat.

"Ready to go home?" I asked, getting in, and she hummed in response. "What's wrong? Why aren't you more excited?"

"I'm going to be a burden to you." She sighed.

"Cam, don't be silly. You are not a burden." I put my hand on her thigh.

We got to my house and I helped her out of the car and into the house.

"Let's go lie down, okay?" She nodded. We went into the bedroom and laid on the bed.

"Your bed is so comfy, I missed it." She turned to look at me with a small smile. I moved closer and put my arm around her shoulders. Her hand was on my thigh.

We remained hugged for quite some time. At some point, I could see that she was uncomfortable.

"Dani, it hurts." I caressed her head and planted a kiss on her forehead. She held my hand tightly. "Please do something."

"You need to wait one more hour until you can take a painkiller." She scrunched her nose. I stopped her from putting her hand on the stitches. I caressed her cheek. "I know it hurts, but you got this. You are strong, Cam. Maybe we can do something to help you take your mind off it." She nodded.

"Do you have something in mind?"

"We can play a game?" She squinted her eyes at me.

"I'm sure you are going to enjoy it since you still act like a child." I missed her attitude. I smiled a little.

"I deserved this."

"You sure did."

"Weren't you in pain?"

"I am, but I want to torture you a little." She smirked.

"Oh yeah? Go on, I enjoy this." She rolled her eyes. "Come on, I want to hear what you have to say."

"No, you ruined it." She pouted.

"Can I give you a kiss?"

"No."

"No? Okay." I got up from the bed and went in the kitchen. I washed a few strawberries, cut them, and put them in a bowl with a little bit of sugar.

I went back in the bedroom, and Cam was pouting. I sat next to her on the bed.