Chapter twenty-eight

It's been a week since Dani and I came back from her parents' house. We stayed for two more days after the event and hang out with her friends and family. We were both getting ready for school and uni to start. She was getting her material ready, and I was revising a few things from last year.

I was dreading going back, I knew Katie would be there, and I really didn't want to see her.

"Cam, how many times do I need to tell you to get up?" Dani pulled the covers off me."

"Don't do that" I whined.

"If you had gotten up the previous four times I told you, I wouldn't have to do that."

I pouted and got up. I went in the bathroom, brushed my teeth, styled my hair, sprayed some deodorant, and walked back into the bedroom. Dani was probably in the kitchen making breakfast. I picked a masc outfit for today. I wore a black pair of baggy pants, a white T-shirt, my flannel, and my white air force. Everything was comfy and oversized. I made my way into the kitchen, and Dani looked up at me.

"Oh, my homeless girlfriend is ready." She exclaimed with a smile. I rolled my eyes and flipped her off. "Careful with that finger, it's my favorite." She chuckled.

"How are you so cheery?" I whined, dropping myself on the chair. She brought me a cup of coffee. "Thank you babe." She pecked my lips before going back to bring the food.

"I don't know, I guess I'm happy to be going back to work." I scrunched my nose.

"You are weird." She rolled her eyes and placed the plate in front of me. "Thank you." I smiled.

"You are welcome, princess." We basically had to inhale our food so that we won't be late.

We took the plates to the sink, wore our motorcycle jackets, made sure we had everything and locked the door behind us.

"I love you, have a great day, muffin."

"I love you too, be careful babe." I knew what she was referring to. "If you need anything, text me, okay?"

"Yes love." We kissed and each got on our bikes. I wore my helmet and drove off right after Dani.

I got in uni 10 minutes early and made my way to the cafeteria. I got a coffee and headed towards my class.

"Bro." Will, a friend of mine stopped me. "Here you are."

"Hello to you too."

"Yeah, hi, whatever. Did you hear what happened with that girl that liked you?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Katie?"

"Yes! Her!" He exclaimed. "She got arrested last week at a party. A whole squad of police officers barged in and pinned her on the ground."

"What?"

"Yeah! For... ugh..." He scratched the back of his head. "Oh yeah, for stalking, blackmailing and attempted murder." My eyes widened. These are the exact same charges Audrey had gotten.

"Jesus fucking Christ. I knew she wasn't okay." I told him about what had happened on our way to the lecture.

Sadly, the professor was really strict and we had to stop talking as soon as we stepped in the room. The lecture passed painfully slow and I could feel my eyes closing. I shouldn't have worn such comfy clothes, it feels like I'm in my pjs.

Once the lecture was over, Will and two other friends of ours sat at a bench outside and I told them everything that happened with Audrey and Katie. They were a bit freaked out about it. Not that I blame them.