Chapter four "Pride"

I woke up and shook Dani.

"Babe, babe, wake up."

"Whaaat?" She mumbled.

"It's pride today." She hummed and turned her back at me. I was excited to spend pride with her. I wrapped my arms around her.

"I want to sleep." She whined and turned to face me. "What time is it?"

"10.30"

"Oh my god, you have a problem." She whined, causing me to chuckle. "Let me sleep." I hugged her again. She also wrapped her hands around me and kissed me. She went back to sleep, and I lay in bed with her, until at some point she turned around.

I got out of bed and went into the living room.

"Good morning, Cam." Her dad said.

"Good morning."

I sat on the couch.

"So, how are things between you and Dani?"

"It's good, we are good."

"Thank you for bringing back our Dani back." He patted my back and went in the kitchen.

I let his words sink in. I took out my phone and checked what time the pride events started and waited in the living room for Dani to wake up.

At around 12, she walked in and flopped on the couch next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder, and I caressed her hand.

"Good morning, love."

"Good morning, princess. How did you sleep?"

"Good." I said, shrugging.

"Now, that's not the excited little rat that woke me up today." She joked, and I cracked a smile.

"I'm sorry, I was thinking of something."

"Did something happen, babe?"

"No, no, everything is fine." I smiled and pecked her lips. "Pride events start at 3."

"I know, I've checked it already." She sat up. "How about we get dressed and ready for pride and go for brunch at the Café we were at yesterday?"

"Sounds awesome." She stood up and grabbed my hand and pulled me up too. We went into the bedroom and started getting dressed. We wore matching pride socks and bracelets that I had gotten for us.

"You came prepared."

"Of course I did." We both wore black denim shorts, and I wore a levis pride t-shirt while she wore a white cropped top.

She went in the bathroom to do her makeup, and I packed everything we would need today in a backpack.

"So, portable charger, sunglasses, sunscreen and water. Am I forgetting something?" I asked her.

"Painkillers. You never know."

"Right."

"Also, open my suitcase and check under my clothes. There's a little something for you." I looked at her puzzled and went to check.

I pulled out a box. It was a polaroid camera.

"Dani, what's that?"" I asked as she walked in the bedroom.

"It's a small gift from me." She shrugged. She opened another compartment of her suitcase and pulled out films. "Now we can capture every moment."

"This is amazing." I kissed her. I put it in the bag with the films. "I think we are ready to go."

"Yep." She took my hand, and we left. We walked to the Café. Her friend greeted us, and we got two iced lattes and a waffle with strawberries and chocolate to share.