Chapter twenty-one "Katie"

We got up and went to open the door.

“Hey Cam.” My heart dropped.

“Leave.” Cam demanded. “Now.”

“Wait, I just need a few minutes.”

“I don’t want to talk to you, Katie.”

“I get it, it’s fine… uh… I was kind of hoping to talk to Danielle.” I raised my eyebrows and let out a scoff. Cam turned to look at me. “Please?”

“Okay fine.” I agreed, Cam’s head turned so fast. “We are talking outside. I’ll be right back.” I caressed Cam’s hand. I walked out and closed the door behind us. “You have five minutes.”

“I just wanted to apologize for kissing your girlfriend. I feel shitty that I made you two break up. I learned through a friend that you two got back together and…” She sighed. “I’m happy for you two. You are a great couple.”

“Bullshit” I scoffed. “You just want to apologize so you can keep a clean conscious. Well, guess fucking what, it’s not my job to make people feel good about themselves, so you can simply fuck off.”

“I don’t want you to forgive me. I just wanted to apologize. I hate to see how much hurt Cam went through because of what I did.” She looked down. “I really like Cam, when I kisses her, it wasn’t because I was drunk or I was just being silly. I like her, a lot.”

“I’m so close to hitting you right now.” I felt anger rising within me. Last thing I wanted was to hear how much this bitch likes my girlfriend.

“Sorry, anyway, I got you this gift basket as an apology.”

“AN APOLOGY? You didn’t even apologize to me. You didn’t take a single minute to think about how that kiss affected me. So you can take your lame ass basket and shove it up your ass, it’s not like anyone is going to be shoving things in there.”

“Fuck off, I’m trying apologize. I don’t get why Cam loves you so much.” I grabbed her by her t-shirt.

“Do you have a death wish?”

 “In fact yes, I do. I hope Cam realizes that you are a shitty girlfriend and dumps you.” My hand pulled on her hair. “You don’t deserve her”

“Fuck you.”

I punched her and felt Cam pulling me away. I didn’t fight back, I didn’t want her to get hurt.

“You are a terrible girlfriend and you going to keep hurting her until she realizes how shitty you are and dumps you.” She walked away and I turned to Cam’s hug.

We didn’t move for several minutes.

“Love, I hope you know that she’s wrong.” I tightened my arms around her. “Dani, you made mistakes, but that’s okay, I promise you, I love you more than I did before. I see you trying to change for the better.”

“You shouldn’t have to go through all of this Cam. I’ve been constantly hurting you, she’s right. I don’t get why you keep forgiving me and stay with me.”

“Because I knew what I was getting into Dani, I signed up for this, you warned me and I told you that I didn’t care and that’s true, I love you because you are you, and despite your flaws, you are a perfect.”

Her hand caressed the back of my head.

“You are a good girlfriend and you do deserve me. And this motherfucker is lucky that I was watching from the window because I’m pretty sure she’d be dead by now.”

I let out a chuckle. My phone buzzed as someone air dropped me something. We pulled away and I opened it.

It was a picture of Katie kissing Audrey.