Chapter nine "The next day"

Dani’s POV

Waking up in Cam’s arms felt like heaven. I can’t believe I almost lost her.

She opened her eyes and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“Good morning, beautiful.”

“Good morning, princess.”

She didn’t pull away. Instead, she hugged my tighter.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Cam.”

We stayed in bed for quite some time.

“We need to pack our suitcases, we are leaving tomorrow.” She spoke.

“But I don’t want to get up.”

“Me neither.”

There was a knock on her door.

“Yes?” Cam answered. Her dad opened the door.

I didn’t bother moving my head from Cam’s chest.

“Good morning, there’s breakfast in the kitchen, also, Cam, we need to talk.”

He closed the door, and Cam let out a sigh.

“I heard you two fighting yesterday.”

“Yes, he saw that I had blood on my hands and clothes, and he started scolding me, and we ended up fighting.”

“Looks like there’s going to be a lecture.”

“Oh definitely.”

“How about you go get that out of the way?” She nodded and got up. “I’ll be waiting for you here.” I smiled.

“I may need you for backup.”

“Text me and I’ll come save you.”

She closed the door behind her, and I got up. I looked at the piles of clothes that were on her desk. 10 t-shirts and tops, 4 shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, 3 pants, 14 pairs of underwear, 4 bras and 14 pairs of socks. These were definitely the clothes she had ready for the trip. I folded them properly and started putting them in her suitcase.

I finished before Cam, so I walked out of her room. I could hear her dad’s voice. He was speaking quite loudly, and his tone was firm.

“Want me to come downstairs?”

“Yes pls.”

I got out of the room and walked to the living room. Her dad looked up, his expression was serious.

“I’m sorry to interrupt.”

“No, please, Danielle, I’m almost done, but I’d like to talk to you too.” Cam mouthed a sorry.

“Sure.” I sat next to Cam.

“I know you are both adults, and whatever happened between you is only your business, but please be gentle with Cam. She’s still my little girl.”

I smiled and felt myself tearing up.

“I promise to never hurt her again.”

“I hope so, you can go now, both of you. Oh, and monkey, please behave.” Cam nodded, and we got in her room.

“I heard a whole ass lecture about expressing emotions in a healthy way and learning how to react like an adult.”

“Damn.” I said, and her eyes fell on her desk.

“Where did my clothes go?”

“In your suitcase.”

“You packed it for me?” I nodded. “I love you.” She squeezed me.