Chapter twenty-two "You are safe

The doorbell rang.

"That must be my parents. They said they were coming." I said, and I went to open the door.

"Hi, honey, how is Camilla?" They hugged me.

"She's having a tough night." They nodded understandingly. "She's with her friends right now..." I eyed them. I wasn't sure if they'd react positively to what I have to tell them, so I decided to leave it for later. "I'll let her know you are here."

I walked back into the bedroom and told Cam, and then walked in the kitchen. Cam's dad looked up at me.

"May I?" I asked, pointing at a chair.

"It's your house."

I sat there facing him.

"About that... Cam wants to move in with me." He rolled his eyes. "I love the idea of living with her, but she's your daughter, and I know this occurred from your fight. I just don't want to push the two of you away. I think you should talk to her."

"Thank you for telling me how to handle my own daughter."

"Listen, I'm not here to tell you anything, but your daughter has been my girlfriend for quite some time..."

"So you know her better than I do?" I groaned.

"That's not what I'm saying."

"I'll try to talk to her."

"Uhm, I know that this might not be the best time, but... my parents are in the living room." He looked at me puzzled. "I thought you might want to meet them?" He looked at me amused.

"Seriously? After today's events, do you think that it'd be good to meet your parents?"

"I don't know." I dropped back on the chair.

"I want to hate you for hurting my daughter, I really do, but every time I talk to you..." He sighed. "I understand why Cam forgives you." I eyed him. I really wanted to go back to how things were. "I'm going to meet your parents."

"Thank you, maybe you'll like them." He shrugged.

"You should go back to your girlfriend. She needs you right now." We walked out together, Cam was already in the living room. she and her dad eyed each other, and he introduced himself to my parents.

We sat there awkwardly, and the three of them spoke.

"Well, you must be really proud of your daughter. After all, Camilla is caring, smart, and really polite."

"Thank you, I am proud of her. You must also be really proud of Danielle. She's smart, successful..." He trailed off. He turned to look at me. "and sweet."

I tried to hide a smile.

They kept talking, and I leaned against Cam. I was exhausted. Ed and Izzy were also half asleep.

"I think we should move our conversation to the kitchen so the kids can go to sleep." My mum said.

They got up and I went to my bedroom and brought blankets and pillows. I guess everyone was staying over tonight.

"So, how are we doing this?" David asked.

"Well, there is one double bed and two couches."

"Dave can sleep with you, I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight anyway." Cam said, and I turned to look at her.

"So, Izzy and Ed, you can take our room. Mum and dad will go to the guest room, and I'll bring a camp bed for you to put in that room from upstairs. Cam, would your dad mind sleeping on the couch?"