Chapter fourteen "Katie"

I was on my second semester in college, and everything was going smoothly. Things between Dani and I were going great. My classes were pretty awesome, and I made a lot of new friends.

“Dani, I’m leaving.” I said, grabbing my phone and my wallet.

“Where are you going, love?” She asked, entering the living room.

“I’m meeting with Katie.”

“Ugh, her again?”

“Yes Dani, her. She’s my friend.” She rolled her eyes. “I don’t get why you hate her so much.”

“Because she’s hitting on you, Cam.”

“What are you saying? She’s just a friend.”

“For you, maybe. She’s clearly into you.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m leaving Dani.”

“Have fun, love you, babe.” She pecked my lips, and I smiled a little.

I took everything and got on my motorcycle. I went to Katie’s house, parked, and rang her doorbell.

“CAM! YOU ARE HERE!” She hugged me, and I hugged her back. We went upstairs, in her room. “So, how about we go for a drink later?”

“Sounds great.” I smiled. We sat on the bed, and she put a movie for us to watch on her laptop.

She paused the movie midway and turned to look at me.

“What do you think of it so far?”

“It’s cool.” She pressed play again.

Once the movie was over, it was around 10.3. She got up and put the laptop away.

“So, ready to go for a drink?” She smiled.

“Yes” I smiled as well.

“Just give me a few minutes to change into something nicer.”

“Oh, okay, I’m going to the hall.”

“Nonsense.” She chuckled and pulled off her hoodie. “We are both girls.” I looked away. “Shy?” She chuckled.

“Uh, I guess.” I felt uncomfortable. She changed into a tight black dress.

“What do you think?”

“You look great.” I smiled.

“Good, I went with black to match you. Let’s go.” She grabbed my arm, and we went to my bike.

We got on, and she wrapped her arms around my waist.

“Spiced rum on the rocks and a pineapple rum.” Katie ordered.

“You remember what I drink?”

“Of course, how could I forget?” She smiled and shrugged.

The bartender brought us the drinks, and I took out my wallet to pay.

“It’s okay, I got this.” Katie paid for both.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m buying you a drink.” I rolled my eyes.

We drank our drinks, got a second round, and started dancing.

The music was great, and we were having a lot of fun. Katie got a third and a fourth drink. I stopped at two since I was driving us back.

“Cam.” Katie called me. I walked closer, she was drinking, and I was worried she might be feeling sick. She pulled me from my waist and pressed her lips against mine.