Chapter twenty-four "Waking up with her"

I woke up in Dani's arms. She looked so perfect.

I slowly slid out of her hug and got dressed. I made us pancakes and fresh orange juice and went to the back yard. We never used it but I've been there a couple of time and it's so beautiful.

Danielle must have a gardener tending it, I doubt that she does it herself, plus the yard looks perfect.

I covered everything in foil and placed them on the small table in the middle of the garden.

I went in the bedroom and leaned over Dani. I lightly caressed her cheek and planted a kiss on it. She opened her eyes and smiled.

"Good morning muffin."

"Good morning princess." She sat up and stretched.

"I have pancakes and juice ready."

"You made us breakfast?" She smiled widely. "You are awesome." She got out of bed and grabbed the set of pajamas from last night, that was on the floor.

She got dressed and followed me.

"I thought we'd eat outside for a change." She nodded with a small smile. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"No, it's a great idea." We walked out and sat at the small table. I took the foil off the juice and pancakes and cut a piece.

I watched as Dani ate a piece, her eyes widened. She looked around and then at me.

"Don't you like them?"

"I-I love them, this... I-Uh" She took a deep breath. "Sorry." She smiled. "I used to do this with my grandparents often. When I was little, my grandma used to make either crepes with lemon and sugar of pancakes with honey and we used to sit out here and she would talk to me about her plants and her life, while grandpa was just reading his newspaper."

I was taken aback, she rarely shared good memories with me.

"Anyway." She smiled widely. "Your pancakes taste almost like hers."

She leaned over the table and pecked my lips.

"I can't believe that I'm here now with my own family."

"Family?"

"Oh... uh... sorry."

"No, don't apologize, I liked it." I held her hand from across the table. I stared into her eyes.

This soft side of hers... she was so vulnerable with me. I loved it.

"So, do you know what these plants are?" I asked and her face lit up and she nodded.

"I do, I take care of them."

"You take care of them?"

"Yes."

"How come I've never noticed."

"Well, I have an automatic watering system, so there's that." "But I've researched them and know what they need and everything."

"Will you tell me what they are?"

We spent the rest of the breakfast talking about the garden. It made her so happy.

We spent the rest of the day talking and cuddling. She told me about her grandparents and some things from her childhood.

"Do you want to go for a drive around town?" She asked as we were cuddling on the couch.

"Sure."

We wore shorts, oversized tshirts and our sneakers, took our phones and went in her car. We blasted music and sang along as she drove around town.