Chapter thirty "Mum pt.2"

I entered the living room, my mum was sitting on the couch and Dani had just left.

"So, mum, what did you think of Danielle."

"She's a wonderful person Cam, she's sweet and gentle..."

"So you approve?"

"Of course I do. She seems to care about you almost as much as I do and that's rare."

"I love you mum."

"I love you too my little sparkle, and I'm really proud of you. I'm glad you have someone like Dani by your side. Kiss your dad goodbye for me, will you?"

"Goodbye? What do you mean mum?" I looked next to me on the couch and she was gone. "Mum?" "Mum?" "MUM?" I yelled.

"Cam, Cam, hey love, it's me." I opened my eyes and looked at Dani. I looked around. Of course my mum isn't here, it was all a dream.

Tears started streaming down my face and Dani pulled my head to her chest.

"Mommy." I let out, as I held onto Dani.

"I got you my love." She held me in her arms, hoping to calm me down, but I couldn't. "Babe, baby." She tried to pull away, but I wasn't letting go. "Princess, please."

I let go of her and she cupped my face with her hands.

"I want you to breathe, inhale, count to three and exhale." She didn't let go of my face, she held eye contact as she gave me re-assuring nods. I started to calm down. I took a few shakey breaths. And Dani caressed my cheek.

"I'm okay." I told her. She raised her eyebrows and I gave her a small smile. I don't believe that this was just a dream. This was for wishing to have one last moment with my mum. I felt a bit at ease. Her words made me smile. She approves of Dani and she's proud of me.

"Princess." Dani asked concerned and I realized I was almost smiling.

I laid back down in her arms and told her what my dream was about.

"Dani, I don't think it was just another dream." I must have sounded crazy to her.

"It might have been your mum, letting you know that everything is going to be alright, princess." She smiled lovingly.

"I was begging earlier to be able to have one last moment with her and this kind of felt like it. I've never had a dream so real about her before."

"At least we know that your mum approves of me." She smiled and so did I. I nodded.

"I don't think I can go back to sleep."

"What should we do then, my love?"

"You should sleep. I want to go somewhere." She raised an eyebrow at me. "You have work Dani."

"No I don't, I took two days off." She grinned.

"You did that for me?"

"Of course, princess, I wasn't going to let you go through this alone. So, where are we going?"

We got up it was 5.3 in the morning. We got dressed and I gave her the address. I sneaked in my dad's bedroom and took the key out of his Keychain. Dani drove us to the storage unit.

She watched curiously as I opened the door. There was a clothes rack with dustbags hanging and two metal bookshelves with storage boxes.

We walked in and I just stood there, not knowing if I could go through them.