Chapter nineteen "We need to talk"

I woke up at 8 in the morning, I took a warm shower, and searched for the eye drops, since my eyes were stinging. Once I found them, I dropped a few on each eye, put my hair up in a bun, wore a pair of baggy Jeans and a baggy t-shirt, I wore my glasses, and went in the kitchen.

I made myself a cup of coffee and a poured a bowl of cereal and milk. I ate, drunk the coffee, sprayed some perfume and grabbed my bag and car keys to leave.

I drove to the hospital and went up to Cam's room. When I got in, she was surrounded by nurses. My heart skipped a beat, till I realized that she was just being cared for. Her dad lifted his head and his eyes met mine. He motioned for me to come closer. I walked up to him at the exact time, the nurses changed the bandages on Cam's stomach. I let out a small gasp and Cam turned to look at me.

Her eyes traveled on my body, and she smirked.

"You look much better today."

"Can't say the same about you." She smiled and a nurse gave her some paper to wipe the sweat off her forehead. She dropped her head back. The nurses changed the bag of iv fluids and left.

"Dad, Danielle is here, you can go home and rest. I won't be alone."

"Are you sure monkey?"

"Yes dad, I'll be fine."

"If you need anything, and I mean anything, give me a call."

"Okay, I will."

I watched as her dad walked out. Cam and turned to look at me.

"So, about the tinder profile..."

"Are you sure you want to talk about that now? You don't look well."

"I don't but I want some answers, Danielle."

"I downloaded tinder because I missed physical contact. I even write on my bio, not interested in anything but ONS."

"I didn't swipe to read the bio." I opened the app and showed her. A small smile appeared on her lips. "So, you were just horny?"

"You could say that."

"How many girls did you sleep with?"

"Two, it didn't feel right though, I felt ashamed and guilty the next morning."

"Well, at least you weren't horny."

"Who says that? You'd be surprised to find out that not everyone is as good as you in bed." She smiled.

"I hate you for making me smile. I'm mad at you."

"Don't worry, I'm picking up the vibe." She flipped me off and I smiled.

"I dated two girls." I nodded. "Zoe, and Jade." I felt a knot in my throat. It was two of them. "Zoe and I could never work out, her favorite color was baby pink." I smiled.

"And Jade?" She looked away.

"We had a lot in common." I closed my eyes and nodded. "She has a badass motorcycle, and she was fun."

"Jade told me that she wanted you to be girlfriends." Cam looked at me and smiled. "If you like her, go for it?"

"Maybe I should." I looked away and felt a weight on my chest. I tried to stop myself from crying, but I couldn't. I refused to look at Cam, I didn't wasn't her to see how much that caused me. "Danielle." I hummed in response. "Will you look at me please?" I looked at her and she had that mischievous smile on her face. "Too bad I broke things off with her last night."

"You did what?"

"I broke things off with her. You know she wasn't damaged enough." I tried to hide a smile, but it was impossible when she looked at me like that. "Now, about that breakup text."