Chapter fifteen "Danielle who?"

It’s been a month and a half since Danielle, and I stopped being a thing. We were technically on a break, but I had to deal with it as if it was a breakup.

I wasn’t even surprised that Danielle reacted that way. I knew it hurt her and triggered old memories, but I didn’t deserve that. I didn’t deserve to be dumped by text after more than a year of us dating.

Lately, I decided to get back out there and start dating again. I downloaded a dating app, and today, it was my first date since Danielle.

I wore a black cropped top, a pair of black jeans, my doctor Martens, and styled my hair. I grabbed the leather jacket and helmet Danielle had gotten me, I had thought of replacing them, but it didn’t feel right. They made me feel safer than any other jackets and helmets I tried on.

I got on my bike and drove to the restaurant we had agreed to meet. The girl was waiting outside for me.

“Hello” She greeted me, smiling.

“Hi.” We hugged, and I opened the door for her. We walked into the restaurant. “We have a reservation under the name Camilla Thompson.” The waiter led us to our table, and I pulled out the chair for her to sit.

“You are quite the gentleman.” I blushed and smiled.

“If you say so.”

I sat across from her, and she eyed me, smiling.

“You are really pretty.” I blushed again. “Why don’t you tell me a like a little bit about yourself?”

“Thank you, so are you. What do you want to know?”

“I don’t know, what’s your favorite color?” I felt an unfamiliar dread overcoming me with this question. How could you have everything and end up at square one so fast. My mind traveled back to that night at her parents’ house, where Dani and I spent almost all night talking.

“Uhm, black.” I gave her a small smile.

“I should have guessed.” We both chuckled. “Mine is baby pink.” I couldn’t help and scrunched my nose to the sound of that. “Oh wow, not a fan, right?”

“Sorry, took me by surprise.” I apologized and laughed a little.

We spent the rest of the date getting to know each other. The food was incredible, and she was funny and sweet.

“Oh, allow me.” I said, picking up the check.

“Oh no, you don’t need to.”

“It’s okay, I want to.” I smiled and paid the bill. We got up, and as we walked out of the restaurant, she held my hand. “How did you get here?” I asked as we got outside.

“I got an Uber.”

“I can give you a ride home.” I pointed at my bike.

“Oh wow, sure, I’d love to.” She smiled.

“Here, put on that.” I held my jacket for her to wear and zipped it up for her.

“It’s heavy.”

“It’s to protect you.”

“And what about you?” I shrugged.

“I’ll be fine, here.” I gave her my helmet too.

We got on the motorcycle.

“Hold tight.” I told her, and she wrapped her arms around my waist. I drove off  and got her to her house.

She got off the bike, and so did I. I helped her take off the helmet and jacket.

“Oh, wait.” I fixed her hair that was a little messy from the helmet.