Chapter twenty-six "Bike ride"

The next morning, her mum woke us up so I could try on the dress they had gotten me. It was a beautiful and elegant white dress and a pair of matching heels.

It fitted perfectly. Dani walked in as I was looking at myself in the mirror.

"You look incredible, love." She gasped.

"Thank you, babe."

"Do you like it? Is it comfortable? Because if it's not there's still time, we can go get something else, maybe a suit, or ano..."

I cut her off. My lips touched hers, and she moved her hand to my cheek.

"So the dress is alright." She said as we pulled away.

"I love it, Danielle." She smiled.

She helped me pull it off, and I wore my pjs and went to thank her parents. I tried to convince them to let me pay for it, but they wouldn't let me. It fascinates me how rich these people are. Don't get me wrong, we are doing well financially and live comfortably, and my dad makes more than enough, but we are nowhere close to as rich as Danielle's family is.

But yet, Dani isn't snobbish. She doesn't act like those rich assholes either, and her parents are the sweetest people I've met. I didn't even know they organized charity events.

"What are you thinking of?" Dani asked, sitting on the couch next to me.

"You"

"You were thinking of me?"

"Yes." She shook her head amused. She put her hand on my thigh. I took my phone out and started scrolling through Instagram. I could feel her eyes on me. "Can I help you, love?"

"Nope." I leaned a little on her.

"You want to talk about last night, don't you?" She sighed. I knew she did, and I know that she wouldn't ask me unless I brought it up. "I'm okay, love." She sighed again. I put my phone down and turned to look at her. "We are here to relax and take a break from reality, aren't we?" She nodded. "Let's just do that then, love. What happened last night was just a small setback. Everything's fine now."

"Okay princess, if you say so." She gave me a small smile. "Do you want to go on a bike ride?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Great, there's this path by the lake, it's a bit rough, but it's beautiful."

We got dressed, and I helped her pull two bikes out of her garage. She grabbed an air pump, and I watched as she toped up the tires with air. She also dusted them off and oiled the chains. She made sure the breaks worked and handed me a helmet.

"Oh come on now, Dani. Do we really need helmets?" I chuckled.

"Yes we do, love. What if we fall?"

"Fine, fine." I rolled my eyes. I haven't gotten on a bike in like forever. I got on, and she looked at me.

"You do know how to ride a bike, don't you?"

"Of course I do." I scoffed.

We left, and I let her go in front of me so I could follow her. She was fast, and I struggled to keep up. Once we got to that path by the lake, she slowed down. It was indeed beautiful. On my left hand was the lake, and on my right one, it was trees, bushes, and occasionally a bench.

"Dani, it's so pretty here."

"I know, love."

We rode in silence. I felt relaxed and peaceful. Everything started feeling better.

After almost an hour, we stopped at an opening in the path. We parked our bikes and went to sit on the grass. I laid next to her.

I looked around. The birds were chiming, the sun was shining through the leaves, and the smell of flowers and grass lingered in the air.