♡42♡

After a while of debating whether or not to finally use the Incantation, Hunter finally began deciphering. He was nervous. If he were to find any signs of a portal he is supposed to report it straight to Belos. But... could this be a chance? Could this be a plan to help run away together to avoid this marriage?

Hunter was able to decipher the text. But it was really late out so he went to bed that night and decided to try it the next morning.

That given morning be practiced rehearsing the way it sounds softly aloud. He said it quietly so nothing would open quite yet. When he finally nailed the pronunciation he stood his ground and went to the wider space in his room.

"...." He stays silent and takes a deep breath in.

He looks at flapjack nervously for reassurance.

"Do you think...this will really work..?" Hunter whispers.

Flapjack tweets and pecks at him.

"Okay okay! I'll say it calm down." Hunter says shooing him off.

He stares at the open space in his room and clenches his fists. He takes a deep breath in and holds it for a minute, then he takes a deep breath out. He opens his eyes and then stares at the middle of his room in confidence.

"âlynnan ûser ganot hlýt heorð oð mennisc from ælf. ð¯æm, blôwan same only in swâ ân−feald, yfel âreccan ðætte port, hêr bærlic." Hunter says.

....

....

....

"Nothings happening." Hunter says, turning to flapjack.

Fwoosh.

Hunter flinches and backs away, he eyes flapjack and flapjack looks at him, slowly a portal emerges from thin air. It worked... the incantation.... It actually worked?!

Hunter for some reason smiles. He feels somewhat proud of himself that he actually was able to properly decipher all that to himself. He feels confident and excited.

Flapjack tweets at Hunter.

"Go in?!" Hunter says.

"But... what if I'm not able to come back?!" Hunter says nervously.

"Wait a minute... I wonder..." Hunter mumbles to himself.

"ɐlʎuuɐu nsəɹ ƃɐuoʇ ɥlʎʇ ɥəoɹp op ɯəuuısɔ ɟɹoɯ ɐəlɟ pɐəɯ, qloʍɐu sɐɯə oulʎ ıu sʍɐ ɐu ɟəɐlp, ʎɟəl ɐɹəɔɔɐu pɐəʇʇə doɹʇ, ɥəɹ qɐəɹlıɔ." Hunter says.

Hunter recited the same sentence upside down, it wasn't backwards, it was another form of elvish he read about, to speak upside down.

He watches the portal, waiting for something to happen.

And then, as he suspects, the portal closes. He smiles again. He feels good, he feels like a whole new person, he feels like a badass. He can make the portal open and close at ease.

"Flapjack! This is amazing!" Hunter exclaims.

Flapjack tweets.

"I've... I... this is is cool, I can open portals..!" Hunter exclaims.

"Oh my Titan... s-should I go in..? I.. I don't know, maybe it would be wise to gather information first about this place... see if it's a safe space to inhabit, that is... if we really do end up here." Hunter says.

"Should I bring any weapons?" Hunter says.

Flapjack tweets.

"Ah, all I really need as some form of defense is you really, flap." Hunter laughs.