♡46♡

You have a feeling of hurt in your chest, you haven't seen him that nervous or antsy about anything... you're genuinely worried now... why can't he just tell you?

As he walks away you chased him and he closed the door to his room behind him and locked it.

"Come on Hunter!" You exclaim.

You listen against the door and just hear him trying to catch his breath. He seems to be breaking down right now. He can't just be alone when he's feeling like this!

"Hunter please!" You bang on the door.

You suddenly hear him muttering. You listen closely.

....what the hell?

... as soon as he mutters his sentence it goes silent almost immediately.

But the weird thing is... that didn't sound like English. It sounded like straight up gibberish.

You're not going crazy right? You could hear as clear as day that he was just spouting gibberish. And then as soon as he said that he just went quiet.

"....Hun..ter..?" You mumble.

It's quiet. It feels as if no one is in the room.

"Hunter!" You exclaim.

You feel a sense of panic go through yourself. Immediately you jolt up and run to your room.

"Where is it...?" You mumble going through your stuff.

You pull open some desk drawers and rummage below and beneath all the junk inside.

"There it is." You say and snatch it.

It's a hairpin you can use to maybe jiggle his doorknob open. You don't care if this seems crazy or if it's an invasion of space. Hunter is stressed and he's going through it by himself.

You stick the hairpin in the little hole in his door and start fiddling around.

*click*

There we go. You got that right away, of course you did, when you and him were little you'd love to annoy one another and you'd annoy him by breaking into his room all the time.

You jiggle the door open and take a look around his room. Your eyes widen in surprise and you see no one there.

Not a single trace of him ever being in here. He's just gone...

He's gone?!

Why is he gone? He was just in here!

You stand there for a moment just in shock, trying to figure out where he has gone. You search his room for a bit and look through his closet, out his window, and even under his bed. He just disappeared.

You're not going crazy are you?

Hunter POV

He breathes heavily and closes the portal. He arrived in the room he's staying at the old woman's house and opened to door to use the restroom.

He needs to wash his face, maybe that will he'll cool him off.

"Brian are you okay dearie?" The old lady says from across the hall.

Hunter looks over at her. She's in her night gown, it seems she can tell that he's a bit upset. Hunter frowns.

"Come here." She says.

Hunter sweats and walks over to her awkwardly. The old woman looks at him worriedly.

"What's troubling you?" She asks.