chapter one

maría and tom have hated each other with all their hearts and souls since her and bill became friends in middle school.

they're now in highschool and have still kept up that strong hatred that has eventually tired everyone out, yeah it doesn't bother them as much but it can still irritate the friend group as their quarrels can throw them off of their conversation or their practise.

"hi billllll" maría said poking bill in his hip causing him to jump, "MARÍAAAA" he shouted, hugging her, which she hugged back, "hey maría" georg said, hugging her as well, "hiiiii" gustav muttered, once again hugging her.

"why are u guys hugging her aren't u afraid you'll get aids or something" tom spat out, with that usual smirk that maría hates so much.

"tom fuck off, ur just jealous ur not getting one" bill said, not in the mood for an argument, "well i'm sorry i don't wanna suck ur dick and bow at ur knees" maría spat back, nudging bill outve the way, "i-" bill went to speak until he was cut off by tom, "ur the bitch who can't keep her mouth shut", "and ur the bitch who can't keep ur dick in ur pants".

both tom and maría are quick with comebacks which is annoying for the rest of them as their arguments can become endless.

"okay lovebirds that's enough" georg jokingly said, "lovebirds? i wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole with shit on the end of it" maría said, now walking away, surprisingly that comment made both bill and gustav laugh.

until they all heard the noise of a squealing girl run up to tom, "TOMMMM!!!! i've been looking for u allllllll dayyyyyy can we please go somewhere elseeee i don't wanna be around that thing" the girl said dragging on her words forcefully which she then pointed at maría before letting out a devilish laugh, maría stood there astounded that a girl like her was talking down to her.

maría decided she wasn't worth her time so she just scoffed and nudged past the girl making her 'fall' into tom, "ohhh tommmmm" the girl mumbled when they all walked by, tom was smirking once again, placing his arm around the girls shoulders before they walked in the opposite direction.

"he's fucking lucky the bell went right now and not lunch or he'd be leaving with a black eye" maría joked, which they all let out a small laugh, "what was she all about?" georg asked, "right? she was such a bitch for no reason" bill added on, "i just ignored her she wasn't worth my time in all honesty, i have better things to worry about" maría explained, "true true, but tom seemed to get under ur skin" gustav giggled, "doesn't he always?" bill chimed in, "shut up, he does not" maría defended, they all laughed as they made their way to math.

***

it was finally lunch which maría was quick to get her tray and food as she was STARVING in her last class, toms comments behind her didnt make the time in math pass by any quicker, sadly maría and tom sat close by each other in almost every subject apart from the ones he decided to sit with some girl he took an interest in.

once maría grabbed her food she sat at the table her friends were at quite literally slamming down the tray due to her hunger, "fuck sake, ur foods not going anywhere" georg joked, maría just rolled her eyes as she began to scoff down the most bland, chicken sandwich she's ever seen, "that sandwich was fucking rank but it's whatever we get pound cake as desert!" she exclaimed, until her mood dropped as her 'best friend' sat down with them.

"tom are u coming to practise tonight??" bill asked knowing fine well he'd say yeah but just incase he had a girl to 'take care of', "uhh yeah i usually do" he joked, maría rolled her eyes which tom noticed, "is she going?" he questioned, now looking at her in her eyes, "yeah, are u scared??" maría asked, she was now the one smirking, "i'm delighted" tom said sarcastically before eating his food.