chapter twenty-nine

since the nightclub, bill, keira and the rest of them, apart from tom, have kept close with maría, maría even finding out they all live near each other!

maría knew exactly why tom was being extremely distant, jess.

it wasn't hard to understand jess was visibly controlling, wanting to search his phone every two seconds and literally following him everywhere from her lack of trust, but as bill promises, it wasn't all this bad, it only got to this extent when maría reconnected with them all.

maría obviously knew that and she didn't want to get in the way of their relationship, so she obliged and distanced herself from tom in return, bill and keira were aching watching it happen.

bill remembers very vividly when maría left to move to LA.

(something new but whatevs)

bills pov

"bye maría, we'll always talk! i promise!" i shouted behind maría as she smiled and hugged tom, kissed him, then ran off to catch up with her family.

i had witnessed tom and marías breakup, i didn't feel good, because i knew tom would be devastated, he loves this girl so much he'd kill for her, more than once.

as we made it home tom wouldn't stop crying quietly beside me in the backseat while keira sat at the window, i sat in the middle and tom sat at the other window, while georg and gustav were in the front.

tom was absolutely devastated, i was unsure how we would be able to move past this as i knew toms extremely stubborn, but only time will tell.

***

tom hasn't stopped crying for almost 3 weeks now, almost a month, it's getting tiring but i'm doing everything i can to comfort my big brother, he's always comforted me, so i returned the long awaited favour and stayed close by him during this difficult time, yeah i was sad too, but tom felt estranged, he felt empty.

i know we're young, but what he experienced was love, real love.

maría was showering until she heard her flip phone ring from the sink, "shit" maría mumbled, "ugh fuck it i'll answer it in the shower" maría rolled her eyes as she grabbed her phone, keeping it far away from the water as she walked slightly away to protect her phone.

"hello?" maría asked, "hey" tom stated, "oh! hey! how are u?" maría quickly asked, "im alright...are u in the shower right now?" tom wondered, "yeah sorry, i can call u back later if u feel uncomfortable?" maría suggested, "no no it's fine, just..let me know next time" tom mumbled, "okay.." maría responded, feeling awkward, something was off about tom, painfully off.

"well, uh i just wanted to ask if u wanted to come round to me and bills for dinner, everyone's coming" tom asked, breaking the deafening silence, "yeah yeah sure, send me ur address and i'll come round, what time?" maría asked, "6pm." tom replied sharply, "okay...i'm gonna like..finish my shower, so bye" maría responded, matching toms monotone energy, tom didn't even bother to tell her 'bye' and just ended the call.

"what a fucking dick" maría rolled her eyes as she put her phone back on the sink and continued her shower, "why did i act like that" tom frowned, smacking his forehead, "ugh whatever, i have jess anyway" tom said.

***

it was now 6pm and maría and keira decided to go together to the twins apartment, keira planned to get ready with gustav then walk to marías, which they then walked together.